Who likes SALMON? If you don't, you'll like this.

Asian salmon in foil...

I made this last night, and wanted to share.

This salmon turned out much better than I ever suspected, since we are not fans of cooked salmon at all.
We really like uncooked or smoked salmon, however.

The recipe was followed exactly and the cook time was perfect, as it was moist and just ever so slightly underdone at 25min.
I did not broil it at the end, but decorated the cooked fish with white and black sesame seeds. I used 1 lb of fresh salmon and used the full sauce recipe.

Slight undercooking could be the missing cooked salmon secret for me.

The balance of the flavors with the sauce and fish in foil was spot on, and I sure will do it again. @bowmore was equally impressed with the outcome.

I served it with roasted asparagus, and steamed Jasmine rice flavored with Singapore Seasoning, sesame oil and lemon juice. The yummy reserved sauce from the foil packet was served on the side. The meal was just delicious.

Here's the recipe from one of my favorite blogs......***** https://damndelicious.net/2014/12/19...on-foil/print/

Attachments

• P9170066.JPG
    P9170066.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Thank you for the recipe! Cooking in foil does seem to keep food moist and flavorful!
Did you use the sriracha? I'm not a big fan of Sriracha. I'll leave that out!

Asian salmon in foil...

I made this last night, and wanted to share.

This salmon turned out much better than I ever suspected, since we are not fans of cooked salmon at all.
We really like uncooked or smoked salmon, however.

The recipe was followed exactly and the cook time was perfect, as it was moist and just ever so slightly underdone at 25min.
I did not broil it at the end, but decorated the cooked fish with white and black sesame seeds. I used 1 lb of fresh salmon and used the full sauce recipe.

That could be the missing cooked salmon secret for me.

The balance of the flavors with the sauce and fish in foil was spot on, and I sure will do it again. @bowmore was equally impressed with the outcome.

I served it with roasted asparagus, and steamed Jasmine rice flavored with Singapore Seasoning, sesame oil and lemon juice. The yummy reserved sauce from the foil packet was served on the side. The meal was just delicious.

Here's the recipe from one of my favorite blogs......***** https://damndelicious.net/2014/12/19...on-foil/print/
Oh my... this sounds so good!

Thank you for sharing with us, Kayelle!

Back