Who likes to get a tan, by any means, in the summer months?

I have been thinking of getting some sun on my pasty legs; just sitting out with the dog on sunny days for awhile. But when I was a teen I used to try and tan every summer and would get quite a good tan however once I got sun poisoning and was told by the doctor with my coloring I need not try to tan. At that time I laid out in the sun for long periods every day. Then I know of someone who died from using those tanning beds often--from Cancer.

Still I may sit out in the sun a bit this summer to get a little color.

Ruthanne , why risk it.?.. go out for 15 minutes a day to get enough Vit D, but if you want a tanned look and you've been told by your doc not to Tan..then just put on some fake tan

I have been thinking of getting some sun on my pasty legs; just sitting out with the dog on sunny days for awhile. But when I was a teen I used to try and tan every summer and would get quite a good tan however once I got sun poisoning and was told by the doctor with my coloring I need not try to tan. At that time I laid out in the sun for long periods every day. Then I know of someone who died from using those tanning beds often--from Cancer.

Still I may sit out in the sun a bit this summer to get a little color.

That was the warning from my doctor...potential cancer with all that tanning. Ugh.

Ruthanne have you considered any kind of self-tanning option. I use a lotion type self tanner every summer, just to keep my legs from looking pasty white. Easy to apply, and as I use lotion every morning when I get out of the shower anyway, no additional steps necessary to my routine. There are plenty of choices out there, ones that give a very gradual natural color. I use this one:
GUEST_6c74349d-82ea-4a23-bfb8-11c479b8578b.jpeg

Jergens also makes a separate face tanner, but I don't bother with it. My face gets enough sun just in the course of the day to give it a slight tan.

Ruthanne , why risk it.?.. go out for 15 minutes a day to get enough Vit D, but if you want a tanned look and you've been told by your doc not to Tan..then just put on some fake tan
I take the dog for about a 20 min. walk a day so there's my Vit. D; I will have to try that tan in a bottle on my legs--they look hideous!

That was the warning from my doctor...potential cancer with all that tanning. Ugh.

Ruthanne have you considered any kind of self-tanning option. I use a lotion type self tanner every summer, just to keep my legs from looking pasty white. Easy to apply, and as I use lotion every morning when I get out of the shower anyway, no additional steps necessary to my routine. There are plenty of choices out there, ones that give a very gradual natural color. I use this one:
View attachment 65366

Jergens also makes a separate face tanner, but I don't bother with it. My face gets enough sun just in the course of the day to give it a slight tan.
Thanks for that idea. I really need some color--am pale as a ghost. ;)

Back