Who wants live to be 150? Silicon Valley is leading the way, to endless possibilities.

Paco Dennis

SF VIP
I don't. "Let me go naturally"

Antall-1-1024x513.jpeg

“Life imitates art,” said Oscar Wilde in his essay “Decay of Lying,” turning Aristotle’s saying on its head. Sometimes Wilde was a prophet.
Case in point: a May 31 article in Bloomberg Businessweek began by announcing, “As the tech industry has matured, people in Silicon Valley have become obsessed with developing ways to stop the human aging process.”
It is a phenomenon that recalls Aldous Huxley’s novel of Southern California, “After Many a Summer Dies the Swan.” First published in 1939, and perhaps inspired by the figure of William Randolph Hearst, the novel is about a wealthy tycoon, Jo Stoyte, who pays for the research of a quack scientist named Doctor Obispo to find the secret of immortality.
Some of the tycoons of the Silicon Valley, according to Bloomberg Businessweek, unnamed in the piece, began experimenting with “really long bike rides and intermittent fasting” and progressed to “taking dozens of pills every morning, or injecting stem cells into their brain [sic], or infusing their body with the blood of the young and virile.”
The goal is what is called “life-extension,” exactly what the millionaire Stoyte seeks in Huxley’s novel. Stoyte eventually finds out about an English lord, the Fifth Earl of Gonister, who discovered that eating fish viscera prolonged life. Eventually, the millionaire finds the earl, who has shrunken to an ape-like state and is hidden in the basement of an English estate. He has found immortality, but it has taken a frightening form."

Eternal Life?

I don't want to live that much longer either. Can you imagine the state of the oceans and the air by then?! It's bad enough now. I think it was Ray Kurzweil or somebody who used to talk about the Singularity (I think it was called), referring to when it would be possible for some (those with enough billions, of course 😑) to upload their consciousness to an electronic server and therefore live forever. I say phooey on that and not just for them either, for myself too. 😖

I doubt they'll ever allow it to happen to the masses even if it was possible to do in the first place..

There's already too many people on the planet..and around every 100 years or so there's a massive wipeout... of people..from Plagues or wars.. etc... so to want to keep more people on the planet just wouldn't be feasible

Anyway I wouldn't want it...can you imagine trying to find things to fill your time, already most things are automated and people are not needed...

There was a series back in the '70s called The Immortal (I think that was the name) where the main character, who was a stunt car driver, was born with something that prevented him from aging, but he looked like he was in his mid '30s, so I guess it didn't kick in until that age. The other main character was an old rich guy who wanted to extend his life, so he got blood transfusions from the immortal guy. I think they kidnapped him or something and forced him to donate blood.

I used to like it because it featured a lot of muscle cars from the '70s.

I'm curious as to why one would want that.
I suppose if I could travel in time, learn remote viewing, reach my fullest potential in literature,
art and metaphysics, I may be interested,
but men on Earth have become stagnant in their evolutionary growth over many centuries.
This is a pretty lowly world we're living on. It's full of fear, anger, ignorance.
The expansion of happiness and my spiritual growth are my main concerns so, being reborn in a new
body on a higher world where I would feel more comfortable would be more preferable.

I feel pretty young as it is though! I'll just keep learning as much as I can!

Last edited:
I'm curious as to why one would want that.
I suppose if I could travel in time, learn remote viewing, reach my fullest potential, I may be interested,
but men on Earth have become stagnant in their evolutionary growth over many centuries.
This is a pretty lowly world we're living on. It's full of fear, anger, ignorance.
The expansion of happiness and my spiritual growth are my main concerns so, being reborn in a new
body on a higher world where I would feel more comfortable would be more preferable.

I feel pretty young as it is though! I'll just keep learning as much as I can!
I agree with you 100%. If I could be reborn in a new body on a higher World without racism, poverty, greed, politics, government, Local News and injecting fear into people and having everything we need in life to live a happy, joyful life.. and also, clean food, water and environment.... Yes, I would be on board. Otherwise, NO thank you. I do feel comfortable in my Spiritual World.. I will not allow anyone take that from me. It keeps me moving forward and enjoying life and learning to deal with life difficulties/challenges - still a work in progress.

I don't. "Let me go naturally"

Antall-1-1024x513.jpeg

“Life imitates art,” said Oscar Wilde in his essay “Decay of Lying,” turning Aristotle’s saying on its head. Sometimes Wilde was a prophet.
Case in point: a May 31 article in Bloomberg Businessweek began by announcing, “As the tech industry has matured, people in Silicon Valley have become obsessed with developing ways to stop the human aging process.”
It is a phenomenon that recalls Aldous Huxley’s novel of Southern California, “After Many a Summer Dies the Swan.” First published in 1939, and perhaps inspired by the figure of William Randolph Hearst, the novel is about a wealthy tycoon, Jo Stoyte, who pays for the research of a quack scientist named Doctor Obispo to find the secret of immortality.
Some of the tycoons of the Silicon Valley, according to Bloomberg Businessweek, unnamed in the piece, began experimenting with “really long bike rides and intermittent fasting” and progressed to “taking dozens of pills every morning, or injecting stem cells into their brain [sic], or infusing their body with the blood of the young and virile.”
The goal is what is called “life-extension,” exactly what the millionaire Stoyte seeks in Huxley’s novel. Stoyte eventually finds out about an English lord, the Fifth Earl of Gonister, who discovered that eating fish viscera prolonged life. Eventually, the millionaire finds the earl, who has shrunken to an ape-like state and is hidden in the basement of an English estate. He has found immortality, but it has taken a frightening form."

Eternal Life?
I want to live for as long as the good Lord wants me here...and not one day longer. Thank you, kindly!

I don't want to live that much longer either. Can you imagine the state of the oceans and the air by then?! It's bad enough now. I think it was Ray Kurzweil or somebody who used to talk about the Singularity (I think it was called), referring to when it would be possible for some (those with enough billions, of course 😑) to upload their consciousness to an electronic server and therefore live forever. I say phooey on that and not just for them either, for myself too. 😖
There is movie about that called Transcendence. I'm with you 'No Thanks!'

I confess that one of the few daydreams I still allow myself is the ending of Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke (one of my favorite SF novels), SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

okay, still with me? wherein Earthlings are moved to the next level of evolution which is they're no longer physical but beings of pure thought and energy. And I guess that your consciousness being uploaded to an electronic server or cloud is the closest that can come to that. Right up my alley since the only forms of physicality I can stand is turning the pages of a book or falling asleep 😄

However, a huge however, I also agree with physicist Michio Kaku who thinks that living forever by your consciousness being upload to an electronic server or the cloud or whatever probably wouldn't be a good idea at all; he's of the opinion that since we spent millions of years evolving into these physical, organic bodies, for our brains to exist in anything other than our physical, organic bodies would lead to insanity. And so, since I agree with him, but not for me, I really realize how much of a freak, malignantly-mutated, never-should-have-been-born weirdo I am. Sometimes knowledge is depressing but sometimes it's like having a coat of iron lifted off your shoulders ("No wonder!" Ok, I can relax and quit trying now; there's no point.") :ROFLMAO:

Back