Who wears the pants in your home/relationship?

Aunt Marg

SF VIP
LOL! I used to get a kick out of this old saying when I was younger.

- So, how about it everyone... who wears the pants in your home?

- Or, who wore the pants in your home back in the day?

For years and years I wore the pants in our house (the childrearing years), then once the kids moved out on their own, I handed my pants over to dear husband, and to this day he still wears them.

For years and years I wore the pants in our house (the childrearing years), then once the kids moved out on their own, I handed my pants over to dear husband, and to this day he still wears them.
Does he launder them himself, too?
(sorry, couldn't resist that!!)
:ROFLMAO:

Bill Cosby once said, "I've seen the boss's job and I don't want it." So, I'm in the same class as Bill on this one. I let my wife take care of things, except I do the financial stuff.

Bill Cosby once said, "I've seen the boss's job and I don't want it." So, I'm in the same class as Bill on this one. I let my wife take care of things, except I do the financial stuff.
Being married 28 years
I learned early on to defer to my wife
no matter what we were doing,
it was just easier that way
;-)

Wish my late husband had been more like you two! .. Being in charge is definitely harder ... I got to coast along.

The cat😻😼😺

I'd say my husband 'wears the pants', but although he knows much more than I do about things such as finances....we both are equal partners. Neither of us made important decisions on our own, we talk about things, consider each other's thoughts...then go from there. I have a lot of respect for him, neither of us is a bully or control freak. I don't look forward to the day when I may be alone, and have to 'wear the pants'. :(

The big question is...…..do the pants have elastic waists?

On their wedding night, the groom says to the bride, "Honey, I want you to try on my pants."

"Oh, dear," replies the bride, "I can't wear your pants. They're too big for me!"

"That's right. Just so you understand that *I* wear the pants in this family!" states the groom.

"OK, dear, I understand," she says, "but I'd like you to put on my pants for a minute."

"Your pants? Why would I try on your pants?" asks the bewildered groom. "I can't get into your pants!"

"Yeah, and you never will with THAT attitude, buster!" snarls the bride.

When we first retired some time ago we "shared" the pants. However that has changed over the last few years. My hubby now has some problems with memory (dementia) as well as ongoing mobility issues so he is slowly becoming more limited as to what he is able to do.

As a result I am now the team leader and he is the team member. Every day we discuss in detail more than once, what plans have been previously made for the day (or not) / so that there are no misunderstandings and we are on the same page, more or less.

I'd say my husband 'wears the pants', but although he knows much more than I do about things such as finances....we both are equal partners. Neither of us made important decisions on our own, we talk about things, consider each other's thoughts...then go from there. I have a lot of respect for him, neither of us is a bully or control freak. I don't look forward to the day when I may be alone, and have to 'wear the pants'. :(

it is not bad. it is strange having to become knowledgeable about things your mate always took care of. i no longer feel uncomfortable going to a hardware store or automotive shop and explaining what i need or asking questions. :)

Back