Why a heart pacer?

I have a defibrillator….the pacemaker part was not attached as the heartbeat is not defective…explaining…on January 22 2011 while chatting with my daughter..I went into complete cardiac arrest….my daughter tells me I just slumped and turned a deep shade of blue…the paramedics performed CPR and broke 5 of my ribs doing so ( this is unavoidable) I was of course rushe’d to the hospital put into an induced coma and stayed in ICU for several days…I have very little recollection of the whole event..I had a defibrillator implanted a few days after the incident of which I do not remember…I do recall watching myself being administered to by two paramedics..the scene was in black and white..I also saw my middle son standing at the entrance of a long tunnel…I have been fortunate that my defibrillator never kicked on.

I do recall watching myself being administered to by two paramedics..the scene was in black and white..I also saw my middle son standing at the entrance of a long tunnel…I have been fortunate that my defibrillator never kicked on.

I have talked with several survivors and have come to the conclusion that during effective CPR there enough blood getting to the brain that they are semi-conscious. Anyone thats had a near fainting or syncope episode, you may have seen that gray tunnel vision effect.
Had one Pt that opened her eyes and looked around while we were doing CPR.

Back