Will this hot weather never end?

Bretrick

Stoopid hot again here in Perth Western Australia.
As at 2.39pm Saturday - 38.3 degrees, C, 100.94 F
Overnight minimum - 21.7C - 71F.
Laid on top of my bed. Arose at 3.30am to prepare for work in effectively a very large tin can - Steel workshop.
Sweltered through the heat for 6 1/2 hours.
Ascot horse races were cancelled. Concern for the horses and jockeys in extreme heat.

Last edited:
I'll email an attachment of the weather in NY, how does zero degrees sound?
No thank you. I left Tasmania to get away from those temperatures.
I vividly remember my first summer in Western Australia.
1988 arrived in Esperance, mid December, at 11am, the temperature had reached 47.8F - 118F.
I thought what madness is this? :ROFLMAO:

Laid on top of my bed. Arose at 3.30am to prepare for work in effectively a very large tin can - Steel workshop.
Ascot horse races were cancelled. Concern for the horses and jockeys in extreme heat.
That was my plaintive cry last Summer here in the South of England.. don't know if you saw me wailing night after night, showing the temps in my house at midnight of 90 deg F.. it was Hell trying to sleep ( No AC here, very few people in the UK have AC in private homes so it's expensive to have installed) I was praying for summer to end.. and I'm dreading it being as hot again this year...

That was my plaintive cry last Summer here in the South of England.. don't know if you saw me wailing night after night, showing the temps in my house at midnight of 90 deg F.. it was Hell trying to sleep ( No AC here, very few people in the UK have AC in private homes so it's expensive to have installed) I was praying for summer to end.. and I'm dreading it being as hot again this year...
I installed my air con two summers ago because of the night time temperatures.
Air con cost AU$750 - UK430, installation was AU$400 - UK229
Split System wall mounted in bedroom, with outdoor unit.

Last edited:
I installed my air con two simmers age because of the night time temperatures.
Air con cost AU$750 - UK430, installation was AU$400 - UK229
Split System wall mounted in bedroom, with outdoor unit.
yes if only it cost so little to buy and have installed... here.. and now even if it was cheap we can't afford to run it since our Energy bill rose by over 100% in the last 12 months..

Conversely, will this frigid weather ever end?

Betrick, we went through what you are going through last summer, her in New Jersey. It was absolutely brutal. Couldn't even go out on the beach nor were we inclined to take the boat out. But, it will end, believe me. Now, we are hoping for a break in the frigid temps tomorrow. Stay cool. Make sure you drink tons of water.

Conversely, will this frigid weather ever end?

Betrick, we went through what you are going through last summer, her in New Jersey. It was absolutely brutal. Couldn't even go out on the beach nor were we inclined to take the boat out. But, it will end, believe me. Now, we are hoping for a break in the frigid temps tomorrow. Stay cool. Make sure you drink tons of water.
I reckon I drink 3 - 4 litres a day in this hot weather. Signs of a headache quickly appear if I lag behind in my water consumption.

I'm sorry you're sweltering. It was like living in hell here this past summer. Now it's below freezing. I don't like it either way. We just get through it the best way we can. Hang in there, this too shall pass.

I am tempted to move to Western Australia just to cool off a little bit, LOL [ 119.8 F = 48.77 C ]
To survive I just don't go outside and hope the aircondition won't go out.

IMG_3694.JPG

Last edited:

Back