Will We Ever Know?

Those videos look like they will be interesting. Will have to watch tomorrow.
I remember Carl Sagan saying if there is no one out there, it would be a terrible waste of space.
Not sure what we will know. .not in our lifetimes.

One of these videos is just one of many that was created by a guy who is way into this stuff. Seriously fringe.

If there is ever interaction between inhabitants of different planets earthlings I believe would be very suspicious of it all. For instance would you be worried if the contact was between the visitors and the Russians only? It would be very complicated however the contact was made.

okay you sucked me into another post..,.
imagined scenario: you live in gross point maine on the atlantic coast in a town with popultion of 5, you, your sister, father, mother, and elderly uncle...one day at the beach you find a piece of leather with the letters 'wtf' on it. you take it home and show your father, he doesnt have an answer, you show your elderly uncle and he says it may be from an old expedition that left to explore years ago and was never heard from again.

you begin to wonder of the many things that could have happened to them... since you are the only people here how could the expedition have met with a fatal end? did they fall off a flat earth? did they find a better place to settle and if so why not send back some greeting? ......

considereing where we are in the milky way galaxy (the sagittarius arm) and how far out we are and that we have looked at everything visible taking in the above short story and then adding in the fact that we 5 on the east coast have no idea that LA has hundreds of people how "are we to know"..let your own imagination run wild!!!

always brings to mind the zager and evans song "in the year 2525" the last stanza......'but through eternal night, the twinkling of starlight, so very far away, maybe it's only yesterday'

Last edited:
okay you sucked me into another post..,.
imagined scenario: you live in gross point maine on the atlantic coast in a town with popultion of 5, you, your sister, father, mother, and elderly uncle...one day at the beach you find a piece of leather with the letters 'wtf' on it. you take it home and show your father, he doesnt have an answer, you show your elderly uncle and he says it may be from an old expedition that left to explore years ago and was never heard from again.

you begin to wonder of the many things that could have happened to them... since you are the only people here how could the expedition have met with a fatal end? did they fall off a flat earth? did they find a better place to settle and if so why not send back some greeting? ......

considereing where we are in the milky way galaxy (the sagittarius arm) and how far out we are and that we have looked at everything visible taking in the above short story and then adding in the fact that we 5 on the east coast have no idea that LA has hundreds of people how "are we to know"..let your own imagination run wild!!!

always brings to mind the zager and evans song "in the year 2525" the last stanza......'but through eternal night, the twinkling of starlight, so very far away, maybe it's only yesterday'

Awesome tune cdestroyer.

71MYLHYU6DL._SL1200_.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_The_Year_2525

I think it’s been postulated by a number of scientists in the field that we’re likely to have contact with an extraterrestrial civilization within thirty years or so. Unfortunately, I‘ll be dead long before then. Dang it, I always miss out on the good stuff! Born too soon... *sighs*. 🚀

The leaders of the science of the question of visitors being here or coming here don't buy in to it. They demand solid undisputable proof and is why they are leaders.
Let's look at it from another perspective. If anyone had/has been visiting us, they either had to have come upon us by accident or they'd needed some way of traveling faster than light or through wormholes or some such. Why do I say this?

How would they know we were here?
Our radio signals.

How long have these signals been around?
About 100 years.

For them to get here, they'd have to have made it in 50 years at the speed of light -- 50 years for the signals to reach them and 50 years for them to travel here. The only other option would be if they happened to have been in the neighborhood when they encountered the signals. So, they either came upon us by accident or have a faster than the speed of light method of traveling distances.

I think it’s been postulated by a number of scientists in the field that we’re likely to have contact with an extraterrestrial civilization within thirty years or so. Unfortunately, I‘ll be dead long before then. Dang it, I always miss out on the good stuff! Born too soon... *sighs*. 🚀
I'm really curious as to how they could believe this (if it's so). See my previous post about how they'd get here. We certainly won't be able to get to them in 30 years -- even if we knew where they were! :)

In the video, Life Beyond II: The Museum of Alien Life, I have a problem with this statement made in the video...

"No matter how strange alien life might be, it's going to be limited by the same physical and chemical laws that we are".

I 100% disagree.

Mankind has not the slightest clue as to the properties that make up alien life, particularly advanced alien life, super-intelligent alien life, the kind that walk on two legs like we do, but are so far beyond us in every way, they not only make mankind look stupid, they prove the theorems that mankind truly is stupid.

In the video, Life Beyond II: The Museum of Alien Life, I have a problem with this statement made in the video...

"No matter how strange alien life might be, it's going to be limited by the same physical and chemical laws that we are".

I 100% disagree.

Mankind has not the slightest clue as to the properties that make up alien life, particularly advanced alien life, super-intelligent alien life, the kind that walk on two legs like we do, but are so far beyond us in every way, they not only make mankind look stupid, they prove the theorems that mankind truly is stupid.
I agree with you, Marg. How long ago was it that we believed that nothing could live near the ocean vents, etc.? What we do know is that we probably won't recognize life that doesn't resemble ours unless it hits us in the face. If it's microbes living in rock, we very well may not recognize it as living.

Thanks for the video links, I'll take a look. I find this stuff very interesting.

We might want to be careful about what we wish for. I've been reading lately from more than one person who thinks it might not bode well for humanity if/when aliens do show up. They would be far more advanced than us and might regard us like how we regard bugs.🪳

Do we know for certainty what forms of life are in a Galaxy 100 million light years from Earth? No. Can we scientifically guess? Sure it's possible. Life as we know it, no. Life as we do not know it, possible. The greatest scientists that have ever lived do not dispute the travel factor is the "Speed of light", about 186,000 miles a second. This has been proven to be a constant throughout the observable Universe. Conclusion, no life forms, alien beings can ever visit Earth.

Probably the only possible way is that some type of microbial life/sub life, is traveling through the Milky Way, merging, combining elements to form a living thing that may eventually hit earth if it survives the heat and radiation.

Thanks for the video links, I'll take a look. I find this stuff very interesting.

We might want to be careful about what we wish for. I've been reading lately from more than one person who thinks it might not bode well for humanity if/when aliens do show up. They would be far more advanced than us and might regard us like how we regard bugs.🪳
War of the Worlds :)

Do we know for certainty what forms of life are in a Galaxy 100 million light years from Earth? No. Can we scientifically guess? Sure it's possible. Life as we know it, no. Life as we do not know it, possible. The greatest scientists that have ever lived do not dispute the travel factor is the "Speed of light", about 186,000 miles a second. This has been proven to be a constant throughout the observable Universe. Conclusion, no life forms, alien beings can ever visit Earth.

Probably the only possible way is that some type of microbial life/sub life, is traveling through the Milky Way, merging, combining elements to form a living thing that may eventually hit earth if it survives the heat and radiation.
I think it's possible that alien beings could visit the Earth, but they'd have to be traveling thousands of years to get here unless they find a way to bend space.

I think it's possible that alien beings could visit the Earth, but they'd have to be traveling thousands of years to get here unless they find a way to bend space.
I believe they already know how to do it and are doing it, that, or travelling between different dimensions, through worm holes, or other secret paths or pathways that scientists aren't even aware of, not to mention the possibility of possessing space-crafts capable of reaching light speed, along with other technological advances.

Well, assuming they departed a body by the nearest Star, that's 24 Trillion miles away. Not possible.
Not possible, because our minds, our vision, and our very own technological status limits us, it cripples and handicaps us, so in turn we are under the belief that because such isn't possible for us, such isn't possible for anyone else or any other thing, when reality tells me that because we have very shallow knowledge of anything outside our very own universe, mankind concludes that whatever isn't within his own grasp on this planet, the same holds true for all other planets, galaxies, and/or life forms.

Back to "not possible", nothing could be more inaccurate in my view.

Back