Women Having Their Facial Skin Shaved Off

fmdog44

I saw this on a local channel there is a clinic that using a razor women are having their faces shaved removing "dead" skin. To what extremes will some people go to look improve their looks and why? What do they see when they look in the mirror. Shaving you skin off!?

Needs more info. I'll bet it had to do with sluffing off surface skin -- not peeling your skin off your face or body. (Yikes.)
It was being done on a regular routine at a local business here in town claiming it would make your skin look younger and more vibrant. It claimed to b shaving off dead skin. My issue is doesn't dead skin fall off and rub off when we wash!?

It was being done on a regular routine at a local business here in town claiming it would make your skin look younger and more vibrant. It claimed to b shaving off dead skin. My issue is doesn't dead skin fall off and rub off when we wash!?
I'm a firm-believer in allowing nature to take it's course, and I agree, FM, our bodies rid dead skin cells naturally when our bodies and systems are ready.

If you're referring to actually shaving off the Epidermis and the Dermis, that's probably similar to a "Laser Peel." I think the idea is to encourage new skin growth & the new skin will be "Newer, Younger Looking & Smoother." I know a woman who had a laser peel at 62. She's always trying to look younger & she has caused serious injuries requiring medical repair with over exercise. I think it's really stupid.

The most disgusting thing I've ever heard of about removing dead skin is a fish pedicure. A fish pedicure involves patrons dipping their feet in a tub of water filled with small fish called Garra rufa. Garra rufa are sometimes referred to as “doctor fish” because they eat away dead skin found on peoples' feet, leaving newer skin exposed.

There are actually videos on YouTube showing the fish in action, but I thought they were too gross to post.

The Red garra treatment was gaining popularity in America until the CDC reported cases of toenail separation and other health issues and initiated state bans on it's use. The politically correct pressure started hurting the pedicure industry when PETA said the treatment of the fish was inhumane, ha ha ha. Only PETA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_garra

I saw this happening on, I think it was, Netflix's Midnight Diner or some show like that. The lady went into a men's barber shop and asked for a shave and then later on some other lady did the same thing. Did anyone else see that? I wish I could remember for sure what program I saw it on.

Back