Women & Motorcycles

"Just six months before Marjorie White bought her first motorcycle, her 25-year-old son, Tom, was tragically killed on his bike by a driver making a U-turn."
Well........whatever works for her. But there's some irony there, somewhere.....
I got my first bike right after my brother got killed on one and drove it halfway across the country to British Columbia to drive through the mountains. It was the first driving vehicle I’d bought and was most therapeutic. It was a Suzuki 400 and looked just like this one. The drive north of Lake Superior was amazing also while driving back.
F249D3BA-1512-4234-A51F-F135C6A76DAF.jpeg
Later I bought a Ninja 250 just like this one and loved zipping around on it but my husband was scared of me on it and wanted me to sell it. It’s something I really regret. I’d definitely like to get another bike. It’s an experience you can’t explain. You can only experience it yourself to understand the joy.
8010896C-C6CA-4AE0-9BCA-11B9A9BBBDF5.jpeg

Last edited:
9055de2ced0f4a10e821a13724d00e09.jpg

My last bike was a Magna v65... Change of intake jets and wow..
A great little cruising the highways machine even with saddle bags ..
Drove it for 10 years after I came home.
Still miss the bike big time...🏍️🏍️🧑‍🦼 :devilish:

I got my first bike right after my brother got killed on one and drove it halfway across the country to British Columbia to drive through the mountains. It was the first driving vehicle I’d bought and was most therapeutic. It was a Suzuki 400 and looked just like this one. The drive north of Lake Superior was amazing also while driving back.
View attachment 157441
Later I bought a Ninja 250 just like this one and loved zipping around on it but my husband was scared of me on it and wanted me to sell it. It’s something I really regret. I’d definitely like to get another bike. It’s an experience you can’t explain. You can only experience it yourself to understand the joy.
View attachment 157442
Actually, I have experienced the joy a few times. I rode my brother's donorcycle - until he had a crash & sold it. He wasn't hurt too bad, but he realized how lucky he was.

Actually, I have experienced the joy a few times. I rode my brother's donorcycle - until he had a crash & sold it. He wasn't hurt too bad, but he realized how lucky he was.
Donorcycle! ( groan 😖 ) It couldn’t be that dangerous if YOU actually rode it Mr. ‘I don’t do anything dangerous’ man.

Where did you ride to?
What type of bike was it?

Last edited:
Donorcycle! ( groan 😖 ) It couldn’t be that dangerous of YOU actually rode it Mr. ‘I don’t do anything dangerous’ man.

Where did you ride to?
What type of bike was it?
It was a Honda 150 (I think). I rode it around the block a few times when I was around 19.

Back