• This is a “Word of the Day" thread, to reply to this thread please come up with a sentence with the given word. More details.

Word of the Day... Cerebral

Aunt Marg

SF VIP
Cerebral: Medical, specialized; relating to the brain or the cerebrum.
"He suffered a cerebral hemorrhage".
"The patients frequently had a history of disease leading to cerebral damage".

Formal; demanding or involving careful thinking and mental effort rather than feelings.
"She makes cerebral films that deal with important social issues".
Chess is cerebral; video games are visceral.

Formal; intelligent and serious, and enjoying serious thought rather than emotion.
"His problem wasn't his policies, it was his personality".
"He was simply too cerebral and too out of touch".

Many years ago I worked in an office with a man who was a Ph d. Most of the morning he sat at his desk with his head propped up by his arm and hardly moved. The other secretaries said he was cerebral. I checked in on him one day and found out he was asleep!

many people on this forum need to be more cerebral,"Formal; demanding or involving careful thinking and mental effort rather than feelings."!

But was the cerebral co-worker, thinking serious complex thoughts while sleeping, or was he simply sleeping? :sleep::unsure::unsure::unsure:

That is what I would like to know.:geek:
(Because I can get rather cerebral myself, for fleeting moments!:giggle::geek::sneaky::LOL: )
Some other co-workers felt he was thinking serious complex thoughts, but he was sleeping.:p
My ex husband is a Ph d and he did not think serious complex thoughts. That's why I checked on that guy. ;)

Back