• This is a “Word of the Day" thread, to reply to this thread please come up with a sentence with the given word. More details.

Word of the Day: Diminish

My recent fear of ticks has not diminished since the day that I found one in my hair and learned that most people do not even feel the bite!

The diminishment of the serious attention to observances of virus precautions,
has not diminished its dangers, in my view.

Last edited:
I wish there was a method to have those who wanted to sign up for them,
be able to receive alerts to each new WOTD thread, so that, in my opinion, the participation would not diminish as much,
but I know of no method available for that option or for some similar possibility.

To turn around the diminishing of WOTD participation, I have made the following changes:

1. Move the forum below "English Language". "Word of the Day" is not just a game, it's an educational project, when these threads show up in Google search, they will be referenced by thousands of English learners. If a thread has 20+ replies, it will be more helpful than a dictionary entry.

2. Only one word per thread. Old threads with two words have bee changed to one word.

3. Write a more complete OP, for example, include the word definitions, so that we don't have to use a dictionary to know hte basic meanings.

4. No alphabetical order. Everyone can post interesting words at any time.

Back