• This is a “Word of the Day" thread, to reply to this thread please come up with a sentence with the given word. More details.

Word of the Day - fantasize

Em in Ohio

Definition: to imagine or daydream
fantasize (third-person singular simple present fantasizes, present participle fantasizing, simple past and past participle fantasized). (intransitive)

As an idealistic person, I fantasize about waking up to a new world where all of the human race strives for the welfare of each other. In the words of John Lennon:
" You may say I'm a dreamer,
But I'm not the only one.
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will be as one"​

The word and concept of fantasizing seems to apply solely to positive imaginings, rather than including also the worrisome things, that we sometimes imagine might happen.

I also wonder if the word has a noun form, other than the fantasies themselves, such as the act of fantasization. ? :unsure::sneaky:

Well, that word did not pass the Spellchecker, so perhaps not! :ROFLMAO:

The word and concept of fantasizing seems to apply solely to positive imaginings, rather than including also the worrisome things, that we sometimes imagine might happen.

I also wonder if the word has a noun form, other than the fantasies themselves, such as the act of fantasization. ? :unsure::sneaky:

Well, that word did not pass the Spellchecker, so perhaps not! :ROFLMAO:
fantasization = putting a spin on reality to suit someone's personal agenda????

fantasization = putting a spin on reality to suit someone's personal agenda????

Oh yes, that might be it!
Example: They fantasizated their school experience to have been far more eventful than it had actually been. :sneaky:;)

Or perhaps, it has more to do with the SIZE of the fantasy... ? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Back