• This is a “Word of the Day" thread, to reply to this thread please come up with a sentence with the given word. More details.

Word of the Day: Funambulism

Aunt Marg

SF VIP
Funambulism: A demonstration of cleverness. A show (especially) of mental agility.

No one better exercised a level of funambulism than, Richard Dean Anderson, or as we all know him as, MacGyver.

Last edited:
I wonder why funtabulism is rejected by my spellchecker, when it has only one extra letter in it, and seems like a logical letter for me to have added to the word, funambulism,
which honestly sounds a bit more like a medical condition, for a person who is deficient in fun..

o_O

(Does this prove my point in my previous, above post? :oops::rolleyes: )

Tightrope walking, also called funambulism, is extremely risky when not using any security measures, what if the artist fells off the rope which is usually high up in the sky?

My spell checker doesn't recognize this word either. Maybe we should do a little more practical words. :D

Matrix said, "Maybe we should do a little more practical words. "

I agree. Some of these words are so "out there" that I don't want to even try to make a sentence with them.

Matrix said, "Maybe we should do a little more practical words. "

I agree. Some of these words are so "out there" that I don't want to even try to make a sentence with them.
So what you're saying is, there's too much sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the WOTD Forum?

Back