• This is a “Word of the Day" thread, to reply to this thread please come up with a sentence with the given word. More details.

Word of the Day - Phantosmia

All my life I have experienced Phantosmia. I didn't know there was an actual name for this olfactory condition.

@Aunt Marg ~ Are you a smoker or former smoker? I gave up smoking over 50 years ago and I still sometimes smell cigarette smoke when someone is smoking in a movie!

All my life I have experienced Phantosmia. I didn't know there was an actual name for this olfactory condition.

@Aunt Marg ~ Are you a smoker or former smoker? I gave up smoking over 50 years ago and I still sometimes smell cigarette smoke when someone is smoking in a movie!
I am a smoker, Ruby.

I smoke 2 cigarettes a day, sometimes 3, so not a heavy smoker, but a smoker no less.

Love your story about smelling cigarette smoke when watching someone smoking in a movie!

Good on you for having the will-power to quit. :love:

When I was little there was a grocery store not far from where we lived that roasted their own coffee. Sometimes I can still smell that new roasted coffee almost fifty years later

Back