• This is a “Word of the Day" thread, to reply to this thread please come up with a sentence with the given word. More details.

Word of the Day: Pulchritude

When I was much much younger guys were always telling me I had pulchritude. I look back now and know well what they were after for they tell me the same thing now and I know it's a crock because my looks have really faded.

I have always been perfect!
When it comes to beauty and appeal, outside that of pulchritude, which encapsulates outer beauty, the most superficial beauty of all, I find the most attractive people aren't those with pulchritude but rather, those who possess warmth and beauty within.

Warmth and beauty within, punches pulchritude (as we know it) right out the door.

When it comes to beauty and appeal, outside that of pulchritude, which encapsulates outer beauty, the most superficial beauty of all, I find the most attractive people aren't those with pulchritude but rather, those who possess warmth and beauty within.
Yet we still all have our flaws too😅

But someone here said puchritude is in the eye of the beholder.
That goes without saying (you can thank, OhioBoy, for getting me started on that one this morning, Ruthanne, LOL), as there is no denying the fact that those who were born with the pulchritude gene, tend to be standouts in the world, where a higher percentage of the populous gravitates towards those types and views them as being better than, and over and above the non-pulchritude types.

As for beauty being tied to the eye of the beholder (as so mentioned), that's true, but if the populous that forms their opinions and the basis of beauty solely on pulchritude were to look deeper, they would see that pulchritude, in it's purest and non-tainted form, comes from within, not what someone has on the out.

The word pulchritude, has not been used before, Deb.

Soon after Ruthanne posted her word selection this morning, I updated the WOTD list to reflect Ruthanne's WOTD entry.

If you click on pulchritude in the List of Words used in WOTD, it will link you directly to Ruthanne's started WOTD post.
Thank you for listing and I did check as I always do if the word had been used before.

Infinite Pulchritude:

Cold morning kiss
Of the landward winds;
How zephyr’s misty pout
Along a smile brings.

The long white line
Goes farther than I see
Shows the incessant flow
And tireless industry

Of the vast ocean
With timeless presence
Basked in mellifluous music