Would you fly now?

Victor

Assuming that you fly somewhere every year or more, and can take moderate risks,
would you go on a business/pleasure trip, at least 500 miles? I know many people dont like flying
even in the best conditions-- and go nowhere special. But if you are used to flying, are you up to wearing a mask
the whole time and taking the chance? (If not, you may have to wait until winter is over.)

If I needed to fly I would.

The mask would be as annoying to me as flying with children kicking the back of my seat or being in the middle seat between two sweaty linebackers but I would deal with it if I had no other choice.

I would not fly for vacation/pleasure until things settle down and an effective vaccine is widely available to the average person.

If my destination had very low numbers, I probably would. Except it doesn’t, so I won’t be going won‘t be seeing my children this year. I admit, it wouldn’t be easy locked up wearing a mask amongst so many people.

If my destination had very low numbers, I probably would. Except it doesn’t, so I won’t be going won‘t be seeing my children this year. I admit, it wouldn’t be easy locked up wearing a mask amongst so many people.
I haven't seen my only daughter for 18 months... she lives in Spain and they had very strict lockdown, and even when they and ours was lifted anyone coming here from there had to quarantine for 2 weeks and my daughter couldn't possibly spend that much time away from her job, much less in another country .. but in about 2 weeks she's flying in on a 36 hour visit.. I'm very excited... 🥰...she's absolutely pedantic about masks, and PPE etc..so she'll take every precaution while flying and among the hoards at the airport

Only to a safe place at the other end ...family taking precautions, a sanitized beach house, mountain cabin. I could make it through the airport and flight with PPE. That being said, I'll wait. Airports are a hassle during the best of times and these days, you're either traveling with people who are likely careless or others who are more stressed than usual.

Sure, I would fly now. However, let me be clear from what I have been told by those in the business. It’s important to know that the air being circulated throughout the plane is probably cleaner than what is in your kitchen. Where the issue comes in is with having contact with other passengers. If you need to fly, do so, but with caution. Keep your mask on, except when eating, drinking or using the lavatory and space yourself when seated. I prefer to use airlines that are keeping the center seat vacant. If you are able to fly business or first class, do so with your life partner or someone you know and trust. Those seats are only two to a row.

"Not a snowball's chance in a hot place". I'm glad to have traveled the world when conditions were good. Now, I wouldn't. I can't imagine paying out thousands of dollars to sit in a taxi, go through airport security & then sit in a plane with a mask on all the time. Then you enter some foreign country or big resort where everyone is wearing a mask. Several months ago I stayed at a hotel where they used to have a buffet breakfast that was very good. Due to Corvid-19, we were handed a paper bag with some apple juice & a boiled egg. Really! I did not see the price of the room go down. I'll hang on to my cash until conditions improve. These days restaurants "suck" shopping malls "suck" & may I say travel really "sucks". I got the cash but I ain't gonna put up with the trash!

I haven't seen my only daughter for 18 months... she lives in Spain and they had very strict lockdown, and even when they and ours was lifted anyone coming here from there had to quarantine for 2 weeks and my daughter couldn't possibly spend that much time away from her job, much less in another country .. but in about 2 weeks she's flying in on a 36 hour visit.. I'm very excited... 🥰...she's absolutely pedantic about masks, and PPE etc..so she'll take every precaution while flying and among the hoards at the airport
Just out of curiosity, how many road miles is it from your area in England to your daughter's in Spain? We used to drive to Florida each year and stay for 3 months and the trip south was close to 1500 miles. Would your distance be driveable, providing you would be staying for a bit.

No, Not going to happen. We typically vacation over the winter months of Ohio, this year we will be staying home. No waiting in the airport for a flight, no standing in line to go through security, no boarding in long lines, no staying a hotel to await our flight, it's just no.

Just out of curiosity, how many road miles is it from your area in England to your daughter's in Spain? We used to drive to Florida each year and stay for 3 months and the trip south was close to 1500 miles. Would your distance be driveable, providing you would be staying for a bit.
We're an Island in the UK so to get to Spain...either my house, or my daughters' we'd have to go by boat and road... . It is driveable but it takes around 3 days with rest stops. My daughter will be coming here next month and she's bringing the dogs so she will drive.. but it's not something most people would choose to do

Only if someone dies and my daughter could not go to the funeral with me. My brother lives in Florida and my sis in Louisiana so thats as far as I would travel. I like to visit my sister at Christmas but not this year.

I flew yesterday. The weather was terrible and the flight was the same. The air was very unstable, so we had a lot of heavy turbulence. At one point, I helped by talking to a few passengers who I could tell were very nervous. Yes, it was that bad.

Back