Would you go to an age restricted bar/lounge for 55+?

The only time I've gone to a bar/lounge since I was in my 30's started a couple of years ago (and until COVID hit) when my son and his protege were deejaying at a local club once a month. I went a couple of times last year to a restaurant with a bar where a good friend who is a singer, musician was performing. Other than to support people I know, there's no reason for me to go to a bar/lounge.

Oh ya! I would go right away and often. Can't stand those places playing rap music so loud that I can't even hear my voice never mind the voice of the person sitting next to me! While I'm at it, I can't stand loud "sports" bar neither. If I wanted to go someplace to watch sports I might just as well stay home. Come to think of it I cut my cable over 2 decades ago so that solves my problem of watching sports with their constant advertising! Give me some place with soft easy listening music where I can actually enjoy my drink and have an intelligent conversation but I suppose I'm dreaming! Not in this age of louder and louder and louder noise!

I wasn't interested in hanging out in bars when I was young and no desire to do it now.
I'm not a drinker only because I don't like the taste, how I feel after, and the atmosphere in bars.
I'll take a good old fashioned ice cream soda shop any day.
I usually just have a soda when I go into a lounge or bar. Sometimes maybe one glass of wine if the desire is there…and if I am REALLY in a good mood, a Brandy Old Fashion Sweet. (don’t judge me…it comes with fruit so it’s healthy 😂)

I wasn't interested in hanging out in bars when I was young and no desire to do it now.
I'm not a drinker only because I don't like the taste, how I feel after, and the atmosphere in bars.
I'll take a good old fashioned ice cream soda shop any day.
Wow, do they still have ice cream soda shops where you live? I'm pretty sure there haven't been any around here since the 60s and where I grew up, a big city area, when as a kid I asked an adult, "What is an ice cream soda shop?", I was told there hadn't been any around there since the 40s!

Wow, do they still have ice cream soda shops where you live? I'm pretty sure there haven't been any around here since the 60s and where I grew up, a big city area, when as a kid I asked an adult, "What is an ice cream soda shop?", I was told there hadn't been any around there since the 40s!
@officerripley I guess that was wishful thinking. The last time I went to an ice cream soda shop was some place in the Midwest about 20 years ago while traveling across country.

Just visit any of the local VFW or American Legion halls. At least in this area, that's pretty much what they are, and they are full of ex supply type E3s sharing their combat experiences. No, I don't go there anymore.

Back