Would you meet other members on this forum?

Yeah if it was reasonably close to me or in a resort town that attracted me.
This has been brought up before here. My guess is that people would say yes
and then change plans later when time comes. But since we have members as far
as Australia and UK, no place is convenient.

I would love to meet some of the members in person. How far...that depends. I finally got to meet a few people I'd been online friends with for about 13 years now. Three came to my timeshare in Atlantic City, two for lunch and hanging out for a few hours. One, who's daughter drover her for an overnight stay (got them a deal on their own suite). We had three meals together, hung out and had a great time. One lady I met on Facebook, found out we grew up in the same city and went to rival high schools. We lunched a few times; last time was a four hour lunch with two of her other FB friends. We thought the restaurant was ready to kick us out. LOL But I made two more friends that day.

Finally last October I got to meet my online BFF of 13 years who lives in California (I live in Jersey). She had sent me tracks to use in my music, I helped her edit her e-magazine and we'd talk on the phone a lot. She and her man picked me up from my hotel. We along with her new found cousins hung out and had lunch at the African American Heritage museum in Washington D.C. My first online friend has traveled the country meeting friends who were on Eons with us. He takes and posts pictures with each person. I think that is very cool.

Last edited:
I was involved in 2 chat rooms. The first was a brain injury chat room due to my late wife being brain injured. I managed to meet a few of the people in the chat room, including 2 in Scotland. The other chat room was a grief recovery chat room, and they had infrequent gatherings in various places.
I discovered that one of the members that had been widowed about the same time I was lived 40 miles from me, and we agreed to meet for lunch. To make a long story short, we were married a year and a half later on the Island of Santorini. At this point we have been married for 12 years.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, meeting those that interest would be great.
Which you can do from the comfort of your own home in safety through the internet. Using one of many programs out there and a camera you can talk to people from most anywhere.
absolutely , and with the onset of Zoom now, many of us have become used to talking with professionals , as well as family and friends using Zoom, it's like being in the same room ..

absolutely , and with the onset of Zoom now, many of us have become used to talking with professionals , as well as family and friends using Zoom, it's like being in the same room ..
I started trying to make the connection but something just did not work out. The Dr. just talked to me over the phone. Worked well for me, even the little lecture on slowing a little.:D:D:devilish::devilish:

I started trying to make the connection but something just did not work out. The Dr. just talked to me over the phone. Worked well for me, even the little lecture on slowing a little.:D:D:devilish::devilish:
I had a zoom appointment with my consultant today... he acted like I was his long lost friend, having not spoken to me since the beginning of the covid lockdown

I had a zoom appointment with my consultant today... he acted like I was his long lost friend, having not spoken to me since the beginning of the covid lockdown
Do I see a little change in the tone of voice. ? (figure of speech) I don't know about over your way but there are people here that want to be face to face. As for me , it works. Face to face is a preference.

Do I see a little change in the tone of voice. ? (figure of speech) I don't know about over your way but there are people here that want to be face to face. As for me , it works. Face to face is a preference.
face to face is a preference also, if I need examining, but Zoom is a very acceptable option if physical examination isn't necessary as in my case. I'm really talking as close to him as if I was in the same room... and in this case, he knows very well what the problem is having already conducted an investigation in hospital just before the lockdown put an end to any more procedures , so he was just checking with me that things remained the same, and we can go ahead again with the follow up procedure which should have taken place a couple of months ago... (y)

face to face is a preference also, if I need examining, but Zoom is a very acceptable option if physical examination isn't necessary as in my case. I'm really talking as close to him as if I was in the same room... and in this case, he knows very well what the problem is having already conducted an investigation in hospital just before the lockdown put an end to any more procedures , so he was just checking with me that things remained the same, and we can go ahead again with the follow up procedure which should have taken place a couple of months ago... (y)
Getting things done is great, nothing serious I hope. TOO much of the nasty stuff going on... all mine wants is to drain my arm again....lol
🧛‍♂️;)

Back