Yes, I'm a geek...and proud of it!

Gojira

4db31fee16a74ee4c0b636083873c1e5.jpg

I like Godzilla too; I even like the movie version nobody else seems to like:

View attachment 190366 (1998, starring Jean Reno and Matthew Broderick).

I'm also a King Kong fan.
I like 'em all, some more than others. I'm also into MARVEL, DC, Star Wars, Star Trek, and anything else that comes out. I tend to skip most of the "horror sifi"....just don't seem to be able to get into it, unless the story line is exceptionally good.

The word, since its carny days, has had several meanings for different people but I think the most-used meaning these days is someone very, very, very enthusiastic about something.
Oh! I didn't know that! I have always heard it used in reference to someone who was not a jock and who liked science-y stuff.

Well, I have learned something today. Thank you for that.

What is a geek?? Just curious...:)
The term used to refer to 'tech savvy' persons, computer enthusiasts and hackers*.

*Hacker- is a person skilled in information technology who uses their technical knowledge to achieve a goal or overcome an obstacle, within a computerized system by non-standard means.

Cracker is an outdated term used to describe someone who broke into computer systems, bypassed passwords or licenses in computer programs, or in other ways intentionally breached computer security. Computer crackers were motivated by malicious intent, for profit or just because the challenge is there.

Back