Yesterdays tomato harvest

I'm all blunt fingers and dirty nails, 🚜 so no, I don't can them. However,wife cans me a bunch of them. :)
On a totally different subject, I guess this new forum layout is ok. However, I had just figured out how to leave a reputation on someone's page. and now that feature is gone I suppose. :unsure:

Tomatoes look wonderful SquattingDog! 🍅 There a little Thumbs Up icon under the posts here, on the right side, that's what you click to give someone a Like now.

Back in the day when I worked on the farm, I ate a tomato everyday. I really like tomato sandwiches. Men should eat them just for the Lycopene. I remember one of my Health teachers telling us boys that it prevents prostate cancer. So, it was way back then, I started eating tomatoes whenever I could get my hands on them.

Beautiful tomatoes. Mine,here in New Jersey, are as green as grass but it looks to be a good crop once they ripen that is unless the plants get mildew, dry rot or the crickets don't eat them. One thing that won't get them are the deer. A triple fence fixed that problem. I saw one circle the garden last night and he gave up. I won!

Not far from where we live is a small town named Washington Borough. The tomato festival is this weekend. Their tomatoes are known to be some of the best in the U.S. Check it out at tomato barn.com I prefer the yellow tomatoes because they have less acid.

Back