Yet Another New Diet

fmdog44

Yesterday I watched the news and they showed this new diet that requires fasting for 18 hours two days per week. 18 hours with no food.
Pass. While on this subject go to a Barnes & Noble book store in the diets section and see how many books there are on them.

Dieting books are a known money-maker. All bought with good intentions.

They don't work because a diet is a temporary solution to a permanent problem.

But, of course diet books sell - especially the ones that say what people want to believe: "Eat what you want & still lose weight."

They don't work because a diet is a temporary solution to a permanent problem.

But, of course diet books sell - especially the ones that say what people want to believe: "Eat what you want & still lose weight."
I know what you mean to say but a diet isnā€™t a temporary thing. The word ā€˜dietā€™ seems to have morphed into a term meaning to lose weight and not all ā€˜weight loss dietsā€™ are made equal.

Yesterday I watched the news and they showed this new diet that requires fasting for 18 hours two days per week. 18 hours with no food.
Pass. While on this subject go to a Barnes & Noble book store in the diets section and see how many books there are on them.
It's called a ''time restricted diet''. I'm doing it since September, 2018 but been more serious about it since September, 2019. I don't eat for 22 hours and eat within the other 2 hours. I do it every day except on Sunday when I eat normal (my treat day), but it's the one diet I have been the most loyal to. I have lost from 164 down to 150, but can't seem to lose the last 10 lbs. I love it because I can eat what I like and don't have to count those pesky calories.

I went on lifestyle change ā€œdietā€ about 12 years ago after being told I had diabetes ,despite all the books any hype out there which diets are better ..I gave in and signed up with a very expensive diet company which cost me $800 for 12 months.

I lost 26kg in weight ...,the diet was based on high protein with little carbs ( 1.5 slices of bread a day ) I went from 91 kg to 65 Kg. In 5 months ..

At the time my own GP of 32 years didnā€™t recognise me after the weight loss .

it became a way of life not a diet(y)(y) ...I never ate junk food just to many carbs, like cereal for breakfast / sandwich for lunch / bread with evening meals/ pasta dishes/ Iā€™ve never drank alcohol

Iā€™ve since gained 5 kg of the weight back in 11 years .......I canā€™t eat much in the way of carbs now days a very small loaf of bread lasts me over a month.

Oh and best of all .....
I donā€™t have diabetes no sign at all not even pre diabetes in my very recent blood test

Last edited:
I went on lifestyle change ā€œdietā€ about 12 years ago after being told I had diabetes ,despite all the books any hype out there which diets are better ..I gave in and signed up with a very expensive diet company which cost me $800 for 12 months.

I lost 26kg in weight ...,the diet was based on high protein with little carbs ( 1.5 slices of bread a day ) I went from 91 kg to 65 Kg. In 5 months ..

At the time my own GP of 32 years didnā€™t recognise me after the weight loss .

it became a way of life not a diet(y)(y) ...I never ate junk food just to many carbs, like cereal for breakfast / sandwich for lunch / bread with evening meals/ pasta dishes/ Iā€™ve never drank alcohol

Iā€™ve since gained 5 kg of the weight back in 11 years .......I canā€™t eat much in the way of carbs now days a very small loaf of bread lasts me over a month.

Oh and best of all .....
I donā€™t have diabetes no sign at all not even pre diabetes in my very recent blood test
Love the happy ending to your story, Kadee!

Different eating plans work for different metabolisms, mindsets, habits, and belief systems. If some are comfortable fasting 18 hours a day (I'm not), and that schedule helps them get healthy, who am I to argue? More power to them!

Back