You have to check this out... Just awesome of Norway...

I watched it twice Full Screen on my 27 inch Mac. Awesome scenery. Kind of scary sitting and standing close to the edge of those cliffs. Thanks for posting. (y)
I just watched this on YouTube on our Big Screen TV. If you can get YouTube on your big screen TV, this video is a must see. :)

Last edited:

Need to watch it full screen!
I have a good friend who lives in Bergen, and she and hubby travel all over their country and are always sending me photos and videos. Her late son used to hand stands on the edges of some of those old glaciers. Actually, they prefer vacationing in Greece and Hungary, but have to stick to home during the pandemic. Some country.

Loved the video...brought back some memories of my student days when a group of us went backpacking in Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Stayed in the homes of local residents who even took us sightseeing and made the most unusual but delicious meals.

Last edited:
Loved the video...brought back some memories of my student days when a group of us went backpacking in the Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Stayed in the homes of local residents who even took us sightseeing and made the most unusual but delicious meals.
Were you offered pickled herring in Sweden? Or did they go one step further and offer you surströmming?

Were you offered pickled herring in Sweden? Or did they go one step further and offer you surströmming?
They were very considerate and catered for our English taste buds :ROFLMAO: love the pastries though! I do like pickled herring...I eat Dutch pickled herrings here in Oz.

They were very considerate and catered for our English taste buds :ROFLMAO: love the pastries though! I do like pickled herring...I eat Dutch pickled herrings here in Oz.
Pickled herring in different kinds of pickling like mustard or curry as well as gravlax are staples on the Swedish smörgåsbord here. Can dig you out some recipes if you'd like to try. Also variations on what the Danish call Smørrebrød - small open sandwiches on rye bread like the German pumpernickel.

Pickled herring in different kinds of pickling like mustard or curry as well as gravlax are staples on the Swedish smörgåsbord here. Can dig you out some recipes if you'd like to try. Also variations on what the Danish call Smørrebrød - small open sandwiches on rye bread like the German pumpernickel.
Thanks for the offer...but someone gave me a cookbook with Nordic and Scandinavian recipes years ago...haven't used it much!

Thank you for taking me HOME! Something inside me shook and trembled me when I watched this!
I have first cousins in Norway!
It makes me so proud to be Norse; to be a Scandahoovian!

Back