Your Blood Type and Covid-19

Pepper

SF VIP
There is medical evidence in a study that indicates people with Type O Blood are the least likely to be affected by this virus; Type A, the most likely. I heard this on "Extra." I immediately texted my DIL, as she is anxious and this worries me. My son, DIL, grandson, and me are all Type O.

There is a written article on this study, which she read, that states this information has not been peer reviewed yet and may only be coincidental.

I'm sorry, do not have a link yet, (@win231, you can call it hearsay!) but I will be looking for it soon. Perhaps one of you good people can discover it. Wanted to get this out as fast as I heard this.

Yeah, @Becky1951
that's what my DIL said too.
I just got excited when I heard it. My DIL has been anxious, and she is always a capable, level-headed person, I was hoping to give her wonderful news to ease her mind.

Yeah, @Becky1951
that's what my DIL said too.
I just got excited when I heard it. My DIL has been anxious, and she is always a capable, level-headed person, I was hoping to give her wonderful news to ease her mind.
I wasn't very excited I'm type A LOL. I know what you mean Pepper, I too am holding onto hope for any encouraging news. 🌷

I'm type A also, but I refuse to get alarmed about this. Sounds pretty hokey to me.
Agree.

Sakthi Vaiyapuri, Ph.D., an associate professor of cardiovascular and venom pharmacology at the University of Reading, in the United Kingdom, emphasizes that people with type A blood should not worry because of this preliminary study’s results.

There is little evidence to substantiate any claim that there [is] any more than a coincidental correlation between blood group ABO and susceptibility of contracting COVID-19,” he says.

“There are far too many parameters that cast doubt over the credibility of [the researchers’] claims, which — worse still — are not mentioned in a non-peer reviewed preprint study,” Vaiyapuri cautions.

🤔🤔🤔 This is just my opinion but I don't think viruses check your blood type before entering your body. The safest way not to get it is don't come in contact with someone that has it. We are not aware of the blood type of people that has died from the virus.

🤔🤔🤔 This is just my opinion but I don't think viruses check your blood type before entering your body. The safest way not to get it is don't come in contact with someone that has it. We are not aware of the blood type of people that has died from the virus.
Makes sense to me! Sounded too good to be true, for me & mine at least. I wanted so desperately to ease my DIL's mind. I've never seen her shaken like this before. If I'm the one giving hopeful advice, you know you're in trouble!

Update
@7:15 am Saw Dr. Oz on Fox & Friends. A question from a viewer via e-mail was posed to him about this subject and he confirmed that Yes, Blood Type O is the least affected by the Virus and Blood Type A the most. He also said while women appear to get sicker than men, more men die from this than women.

Re: the Blood Types - Dr. Oz said there was so far no reason to be found for this, but it is due to genetic make-up.

I have a rare blood type; B negative. I haven't worried too overly much about the blood type discussion because from everything thing I HAVE read, the data is largely anecdotal. There have been no actual scientific studies done to determine the accuracy of the loose statistical data, and even that data is incomplete.

On the other hand, I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade! Honestly in this current climate, ANYTHING that gives folks the smallest amount of reassurance is a good thing. ✨

@Ronni
Was only reporting what I heard and he claims to have the latest data, up-to-the-minute on this
phenomenon. The question is why, not that it exists at all.

Update
@7:15 am Saw Dr. Oz on Fox & Friends. A question from a viewer via e-mail was posed to him about this subject and he confirmed that Yes, Blood Type O is the least affected by the Virus and Blood Type A the most. He also said while women appear to get sicker than men, more men die from this than women.

Re: the Blood Types - Dr. Oz said there was so far no reason to be found for this, but it is due to genetic make-up.
Oh, well if Dr. Oz said it, then it MUST be true, because he's proven himself to be such a reliable source. NOT.

I wouldn't trust a single word he says. Not. One. Word.

I've yet to hear a credible epidemiologist, high-level medical researcher, or virologist suggest that blood type has any relationship to getting sick or dying from COVID-19.

Just reporting something I heard @StarSong. I find it interesting scientifically, and would even if the information were reversed.

One thing about these famous people: It seems he is in contact with Dr. Birx. I'm not. He speaks with all those folks we will never have conversations with. He's on the inside, and while you may not personally "like" him, his credentials are impeccable.

They did a study of over 2,000 people. I don’t particularly care what blood type I have and if this is true and if were possible, I would trade my blood type with anyone who was at risk if needed, if it helped save someone’s life.

Just reporting something I heard @StarSong. I find it interesting scientifically, and would even if the information were reversed.

One thing about these famous people: It seems he is in contact with Dr. Birx. I'm not. He speaks with all those folks we will never have conversations with. He's on the inside, and while you may not personally "like" him, his credentials are impeccable.
If you think Dr. Oz's credentials are impeccable then your opinions and mine differ greatly on him.

Did you go to Harvard? Did you get your MD and MBA degrees from University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine? Do you direct the Cardiovascular Institute and Complementary Medicine Program at New York Presbyterian Hospital? Have you been a professor at the Department of Surgery at Columbia University since 2001? All Ivy Leagues. The hospital is one of the best on this planet.

Does the above indicate a lack of knowledge or superior credentials? Guess what, I don't care for him either but I'd be foolish to think I'm on equal par with what he's capable of, or that his accomplishments should in anyway be lessened. Please cut it out, @StarSong you're too good for this nonsense.

I never said that I had more medical education than him. That doesn't change my opinion that he's an opportunistic shill who has touted all manner of unproven drugs, vitamins, treatments, etc. He's has been roundly criticized for the above by people with better credentials than him or me.

There are many others whose opinions and agendas I trust far more than Oz.

I never said that I had more medical education than him. That doesn't change my opinion that he's an opportunistic shill who has touted all manner of unproven drugs, vitamins, treatments, etc. He's has been roundly criticized for the above by people with better credentials than him or me.

There are many others whose opinions and agendas I trust far more than Oz.
Did you see this:

https://thehill.com/changing-americ...15-nobel-laureate-predicts-us-will-experience

Back