Your daily groaner:

In the great desert lived a band of nomads. Their leader, Benny, had risen to his rank due to his magnificent beard. His people believed a man's strength and courage came from his beard, and thus the man with the biggest beard was their chief.

After leading the band for many years, Benny began to fell uncomfortable wearing the beard, in this hot and dusty land. He wanted to shave it off, so he called his council together to get their advice.

When he said he wanted to shave, the councilmen were shocked. One said, "Do you not remember the ancient legend, Sire. The leader who removes his beard is cursed and made into a piece of earthenware."

Benny had heard this legend, but being a modern man, he scoffed at the tale.

Being headstrong, he went ahead and cut and scraped away his once magnificent beard. As the final whisker was cut off, a huge dust storm came up. It lasted only a few seconds, and when it cleared, there was a man-sized clay vessel where only moments before had stood their leader.

The council then knew the legend must be true. Their conclusion? "A Benny shaved is a Benny urned."

Ouch.
cartoon.gif

No idea why this is humorous. 🤷‍♀️ What’d I miss?
What do we usually say or have people say whe taking or getting a picture taken? In my house it was always, “CHEESE!” Cheddar (cheese) is falling, every one in the picture is yelling, CHEESE! Now do you see the humor? If not, I didn’t write the joke but I thought it was clever. Funny and clever. I even say cheese to myself when I take a selfie but maybe you don’t. 😊

Maybe because the explanation of it was twice as long as the joke, that’s why I thought it was a ”groaner” and had a place here. 😧⬅️ Groan! 😧⬆️ Groan up! 😔

Bad humor, bad! Sit humor, sit!

Back