Your Recipes

Jules

SF VIP
Years ago I had two overflowing shelves of cookbooks. Now it’s 8 books and they rarely get opened.

The file folders were full of recipes from magazines. Now I copy them into my computer files if I make something. The paper copy gets tossed.

Allrecipes is my favourite online site to search.

How do you handle your recipes.

Hi @Jules I have lots and lots of different Cookbooks....what can I say I love Cookbooks
However I have many tried and tested go to recipes I use and these are often scrawled on scrap paper
Of course I always mean to write them out carefully but I think there is just a little 'magic' in a food stained
finger marked scrap of paper with a time honoured recipe complete with alterations don't you? ☺

I’ve got lotsa them as well @peramangkelder I had two spiral bound CWA (country women’s association) cook books , (one is puddings the other cakes and slices) that I bought when my daughter was a baby ,she’s 48 at Christmas time :) I can’t tell you how many of the recipes I altered ....mainly the sugar / fat content.
I also have bits of paper with stained / finger printed recipes on them as well as some names who gave me the trusted but true recipes.
I think my very favourite recipe on the tattiest page is Lemon Delicious pudding ..yum yum

I have some cookbooks but I also have file folders in my kitchen organized into favorite, entrees, appitizers, soups and salads, desserts and breakfasts. I like cooking but I'm the only one here so why cook just for oneself?

I have a couple of Armenian cookbooks from the church that I keep. One of them is my mom's that I keep w/all her handwriting and scribbles to the recipe. A hard cover Betty Crocker cookbook I got as a wedding gift...at least it will last forever lol.

Then I have a legal type brown folder of all my mom's handwritten and typed recipes. With all the adjustments made to the directions to make it just right. Or I've labeled some saying "the best Yalanchi recipe", so I know which one to use.
Lots of duplicates are ready typed to mail off to friends at their requests.

I have some cookbooks but I also have file folders in my kitchen organized into favorite, entrees, appitizers, soups and salads, desserts and breakfasts. I like cooking but I'm the only one here so why cook just for oneself?
So you eat only from your files?

Back