Your weight during pandemic

That’s too bad you can’t bake any more. Are you not allowed to use the oven either now? When I make something for the oven I usually make the item at the dining room table and when it’s ready pop it in the oven until it ready but I guess the chance of you falling onto the hot oven door would be a concern.

When I lived in my apartment long ago I did much of my cooking using a conventional oven which was tiny. I’m still amazed at all the things I could cook in that thing.

The interaction between mother and child while teaching baking skills is priceless and something to treasure forever. Before I went to kindergarten my mom used to bake a bit. She’d make Christmas cakes from scratch , pound cake and trifle . It was time with my mom that was joyous.

Did your daughter teach her kids to bake also?
Yes, falling is a major concern for me and with the balance issues bending over to put something in the oven is a real no, no. You totally understand! I baked from scratch as well. As for my daughters children, she adopted them each when they were 15 years of age. She taught them survival cooking which is all they were willing to learn.

It will be different with her grandchild. She teaches her everything as her mother is simply not interested. Baby has started to talk finally and has a few words. She is catching on to potty training, and generally catching up.

I lost a little at first gardening in an unusually cool and pleasant early summer for us. But when the heat and humidity finally kicked in, my activity level went down and weight went up. I've been working on it the last few weeks and am about halfway back. Once fall gets here, hoping to lose beyond where I started.

Back