Zucchini chips

Camper6

You don't need a deep fryer for these because they are thin.
I just used a small fry pan and I used sunflower oil about half an inch deep.
Temperature not too hot on medium
First slice the zucchini about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
Lay them out on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. Leave them for about an hour. They will weep out the moisture which you can then blot.
Make up a batter. I made up a beer batter using flour and spices and then adding the beer until you get a creamy texture. You can vary the batter for thin or thick. I like it thin because it makes a crispier chip.
Put them in the hot oil a few at a time and let them brown up for your own taste.
Then with a slotted spoon transfer them to a paper towel and let them drain. Paper plates come in handy here.
They are nice and crisp and tasty and I fried up a few onion rings while the oil was still hot.
They are tasty. So what do you serve them with? Well this is more of a side dish so maybe a nice sauce or of course just the way they are with beer.zucchini.jpg

Lay them out on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. Leave them for about an hour. They will weep out the moisture which you can then blot.
Make up a batter. I made up a beer batter using flour and spices and then adding the beer until you get a creamy texture. You can vary the batter for thin or thick. I like it thin because it makes a crispier chip.
Put them in the hot oil a few at a time and let them brown up for your own taste.
Then with a slotted spoon transfer them to a paper towel and let them drain. Paper plates come in handy here.
They are nice and crisp and tasty and I fried up a few onion rings while the oil was still hot.
They are tasty. So what do you serve them with? Well this is more of a side dish so maybe a nice sauce or of course just the way they are with beer.View attachment 114618
Looks really, really good!

I went to an Italian restaurant in Boston. They had eggplant on the menu. Stacked like pancakes. I tried to duplicate it at home but never managed to get it right. It was just super tasty.
Very easy to make and their tons of recipes. Make sure you follow the salting before cooking step.

They are tasty. So what do you serve them with? Well this is more of a side dish so maybe a nice sauce or of course just the way they are with beer.View attachment 114618
Looks pretty good.

We have tons of zucchini and squash from the garden... yup we give them away....
Almost sound like Bubba Gump talking about recipes...
We just canned 24 pints of Zucchini Relish...
Half with some jalapenos for some zing

Back