Got a Case of the Lonelies, Anyone Else?

Had to split this - said too long?

I have to say I love my family and love having them here with me, but I do love some alone time also. I have always been somewhat of a loner - (spent a quite a lot of time alone as a child). Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have all been pretty careful about going out in public. I'm retired so go out of the house rarely and since I can shop online have little incentive to. Perhaps if I lived alone, I might venture out more, but have little incentive now.

I was the youngest of 4 kids and the next up was 10 yrs older and a boy so basically I was raised alone, I am a bit of a loner myself, I had never thought about it because I was raised by myself, but it makes sense. I live alone except for my 2 furbabies and I very seldom get lonely. I have a friend who is my age and cannot stand to be by herself, she came from a large family. As long as I have electricity and can run the computer and TV I am fine.:)

I was the youngest of 4 kids and the next up was 10 yrs older and a boy so basically I was raised alone, I am a bit of a loner myself, I had never thought about it because I was raised by myself, but it makes sense. I live alone except for my 2 furbabies and I very seldom get lonely. I have a friend who is my age and cannot stand to be by herself, she came from a large family. As long as I have electricity and can run the computer and TV I am fine.:)
I just love your screen name and the associated character. Brings back fond memories of the old cartoons!! She was such a sweetheart!!

It's OK to be lonely or bored. I have lived alone for over 4 years since my wife passed away. The important thing is not to let loneliness or boredom become depression. It's the difference between annoyance and misery. Find something to enjoy and people to interact with.
Good advice. I wish I lived in an area that did have people to interact with, I think it would help a lot.

It's OK to be lonely or bored. I have lived alone for over 4 years since my wife passed away. The important thing is not to let loneliness or boredom become depression. It's the difference between annoyance and misery. Find something to enjoy and people to interact with.
same here... almost 3 years now since my husband has been gone, and I've been alone all that time...

New to this site...just reading some of the posts on this forum.....if anyone needs someone to reach out to, please do so. May I ask how old are some of you on this forum? Have a great day!

Back