1900 London Street Scenes in Color

The horses! The long dresses! The top hats! Somehow, I would rather see images of this slower-paced but classier age than be exposed to people wearing pajama bottoms as they jabber annoyingly on cell phones at Walmart...

I’m grateful for all videos such as this one for the opportunities it provides us to vicariously time-travel. While I'd enjoy visiting earlier ages and possibly residing in them, to many moderns even jumping back a few decades would expose them to everyday conditions that they’d find intolerable, and which would freak them out badly.

What? No cell phones? No internet? No computers? No microwaves? No television? No ‘streaming?’ No air conditioning? All that clothing? Why, how did people even LIVE back then?!” 🤔

The horses! The long dresses! The top hats! Somehow, I would rather see images of this slower-paced but classier age than be exposed to people wearing pajama bottoms as they jabber annoyingly on cell phones at Walmart...

I’m grateful for all videos such as this one for the opportunities it provides us to vicariously time-travel. While I'd enjoy visiting earlier ages and possibly residing in them, to many moderns even jumping back a few decades would expose them to everyday conditions that they’d find intolerable, and which would freak them out badly.

What? No cell phones? No internet? No computers? No microwaves? No television? No ‘streaming?’ No air conditioning? All that clothing? Why, how did people even LIVE back then?!” 🤔
Oh I couldn't agree with this More....

Back