2023 Some of My Christmas Pictures

Trila

Well, I finished my Mom's magnet in time for Christmas. Just barely, but I did get it done!

Her refrigerator is (literally) covered with the magnets that I have made for her.

We all had a great Holiday, and my Mom even made a new snowy friend......

Even "The Girls" had a special treat. Santa brought them pizza for their Christmas dinner!

Our outdoor tree, around sunset....

This is not the best picture, but it's the view of the barn, at night, from the house. Wreath on the left. Tree in the field on the right....

Last edited:
Well, I finished my Mom's magnet in time for Christmas. Just barely, but I did get it done!

Her refrigerator is (literally) covered with the magnets that I have made for her.

Even "The Girls" had a special treat. Santa brought them pizza for their Christmas dinner!

This is not the best picture, but it's the view of the barn, at night, from the house. Wreath on the left. Tree in the field on the right....
I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas. Your mom and her "snowy friend" are so cute! Thank you for sharing your photos with us.

Your work is really good. Do you make them for yourself also? Where do you get your ideas for the needlepoint work? I have some bigger needlepoint work I’ve done for others.
I like the idea of keeping my hands busy. It helps keep my mind settled.

Last edited:
Your work is really good. Do you make them for yourself also? Where do you get your ideas for the needlepoint work? I have some bigger needlepoint work I’ve done for others.
I like the idea of keeping my hands busy. It helps keep my mind settled.
Thank you PP!
I look online for ideas, and make a lot of my own patterns.

This year's was hard because there was NO pattern! I followed a picture on Pinterest.

Actually, I had started this one intending on giving it to her last year, but I realized that it wad too complex for me to get it done on time, so I started a different one. Good thing, since I broke my wrist last summer.....there is no way that I would have finished it!

Thank you PP!
I look online for ideas, and make a lot of my own patterns.

This year's was hard because there was NO pattern! I followed a picture on Pinterest.

Actually, I had started this one intending on giving it to her last year, but I realized that it wad too complex for me to get it done on time, so I started a different one. Good thing, since I broke my wrist last summer.....there is no way that I would have finished it!
That’s very intricate needle point. When I saw that it was magnet, it really put this into perspective The stitching in the socks truly is amazing. Did you use a magnifying glass with lights to see what you were doing or are your eyes that good cause that’s seriously detailed. One sock even has a tiny Pom Pom😱
And all this after a broken wrist?
Bravo! You nailed it and then some.

Almost all my needlpoint were bigger pictures so much easier to do.

Such lovely photos of your handiwork, Christmas, and Mother with her snowman! I also enjoyed the magnets on the fridge. You are quite talented! Thanks for sharing!

That’s very intricate needle point. When I saw that it was magnet, it really put this into perspective The stitching in the socks truly is amazing. Did you use a magnifying glass with lights to see what you were doing or are your eyes that good cause that’s seriously detailed. One sock even has a tiny Pom Pom😱
And all this after a broken wrist?
Bravo! You nailed it and then some.

Almost all my needlpoint were bigger pictures so much easier to do.
received_928736728821912.jpg
Awww, thank @PeppermintPatty !

Although some of the magnets are needlepoint, most (including this years) are counted cross stitch. I enjoy altering the patterns to add my own touch, such as the pompom or the beads that were used for the holly berries.

As far as being able to see....well, that is a challenge in it's self. I don't like to go into details, but I'm vision impaired. That is one of the reasons that it takes a whole year for me to finish one. Each year it gets harder and harder to see. However, after the new year I am getting new glasses....I'm hoping that will help.

Thank you for your kind words! 💖

View attachment 322429
Awww, thank @PeppermintPatty !

Although some of the magnets are needlepoint, most (including this years) are counted cross stitch. I enjoy altering the patterns to add my own touch, such as the pompom or the beads that were used for the holly berries.

As far as being able to see....well, that is a challenge in it's self. I don't like to go into details, but I'm vision impaired. That is one of the reasons that it takes a whole year for me to finish one. Each year it gets harder and harder to see. However, after the new year I am getting new glasses....I'm hoping that will help.

Thank you for your kind words! 💖
Now your talent is even more impressive. You must feel your work via your heart to pull it off so flawlessly.

Anyway your post reminded me just how much I enjoy needlepoint. I ordered these 3 flower arrangements in needlepoint. I get them on the 11 of January. Thanks for the inspiration
IMG_3502.jpegThere are many other choices.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0B159XJQ8/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now your talent is even more impressive. You must feel your work via your heart to pull it off so flawlessly.

Anyway your post reminded me just how much I enjoy needlepoint. I ordered these 3 flower arrangements in needlepoint. I get them on the 11 of January. Thanks for the inspiration
View attachment 322500There are many other choices.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0B159XJQ8/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They are very pretty! I'm glad that you will get back to stitching!

I think that you and I are using different terms when referring to various types of stitching. The stitching in your picture is what I call "crewel". It is a type of embroidery that uses a lightweight yarn, and the stitches make a textured picture. In my opinion, crewel is one of the prettiest of stitching techniques. I haven't done crewel, myself, since I was in high school. Hmmm.......maybe I should look into doing that again!

When I say "needlepoint", I'm referring to stitching (usually with yarn, but my magnets were done with floss) on a piece of mesh called "plastic canvas". It is flexible but stiff enough to make things with.
R (2).jpeg OIP.jpeg

I have have made many things with plastic canvas, including custom bags for my tablets....
PhotoPictureResizer_230319_084821733-364x421.jpg

Most of my magnets we done as "counted cross stitch", which is done with floss, sewing X's on a special fabric, to make the picture.

I enjoy all stitching! Actually, I enjoy a wide variety of crafting.

Ok.....time for me to see what kind of crewel patterns or kits I can find on Amazon!!! 😁

They are very pretty! I'm glad that you will get back to stitching!

I think that you and I are using different terms when referring to various types of stitching. The stitching in your picture is what I call "crewel". It is a type of embroidery that uses a lightweight yarn, and the stitches make a textured picture. In my opinion, crewel is one of the prettiest of stitching techniques. I haven't done crewel, myself, since I was in high school. Hmmm.......maybe I should look into doing that again!

When I say "needlepoint", I'm referring to stitching (usually with yarn, but my magnets were done with floss) on a piece of mesh called "plastic canvas". It is flexible but stiff enough to make things with.
View attachment 322626 View attachment 322627

I have have made many things with plastic canvas, including custom bags for my tablets....
View attachment 322628

Most of my magnets we done as "counted cross stitch", which is done with floss, sewing X's on a special fabric, to make the picture.

I enjoy all stitching! Actually, I enjoy a wide variety of crafting.

Ok.....time for me to see what kind of crewel patterns or kits I can find on Amazon!!! 😁
You’re right. It is called crewel needle work. The type of thing you are doing is much more fine & complex. Crewel is done with wool and is easier. It’s also sewn on material not plastic.

Your work is also authentically your own which makes you an artist. At my level, I’m merely a crafter. This was done from a kit.
IMG_3503.jpeg

Your work is stellar tasteful. I really enjoyed you sharing your talents. Thank you.
These are definitely feminine crafts. It takes more than a good eye, steady hand. It takes mega patience.

Your work is beautiful......don't sell yourself short! It takes talent (that I don't have) to do embroidery and/or crewel, mostly because there are no pre -set holes to poke your needle into.

We all have our own talents. I love the pieces that you have shared! 😘

@PeppermintPatty
Well, I went online and found several patterns that I thought were "doable" for my Mom's next magnet. This is the one I finally picked.....

received_896222708870468.jpeg

My Mom has a gray tabby, so I know that she will like this one.

My Mom will be 92 years old in April, and her cat is 15 years old.

Back