2024 - How's the Weather Where You Are?

Strong thunder storms last night. 1in (25mm) diam. hail. Extensive damage to the skylights of the screen-in porch. Other than that, all A.O.K.

Weather clearing and cooler now. If this is Spring, I'd like my Winter back, please.

With $3000 USD deductable, homeowners ins. probably a non-starter. Filed a claim. See how it shakes out. Image one of four panels all with similar damage.

Attachments

• 20240321_191409_Email resize.jpg
    20240321_191409_Email resize.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1
forecast for tomorrow includes rain. not just rain but RAIN... like 3-4 INCHES. have already decided to spend most of the next day or so doing nothing, snuggling under down comforter.

To be brief - a mess!. Looks like about 6 inches of wet snow overnight. I went out to shovel and it was sleeting. Most of the eastern U.S. seaboard is being effected in some way by this storm. This time of year it's almost tolerable - hopefully any snow won't last long as more springlike temps approach.

snow March 23 2024.jpg

Last edited:
Here in Southern tier NYS, it is 20 degrees, and hopefully the snow has stopped. I have 4 inches of snow on my car. This afternoon I am going to a funeral, not too far away and we expect a crowd so I do hope the weather calms down. They say they are lifting the weather travel advisory by 2 PM.

Sunny and 70's...Bluebonnet Chamber of Commerce days. Everyplace is famous for 15 minutes...this is our time of the year as the famous
Texas Bluebonnets (only place in the world where they grow) are putting on their annual gorgeous show - covering the pastures and meadows with a sea of blue.
c239f93f88ab37c3f256564dd5bf4f09.jpg

I've enjoyed many trips to the Hill Country of Texas to see the wildflowers and especially the beautiful Bluebonnets.
Here in Northeast Texas we've had much rain and cool overcast weather, but today the sun is out....:)

Winds been out of the north all night & still at 18 mph. Temp 33F, feels like 21F. Forecast says it will be this way tomorrow, but on Monday high around 62F & chance of rain.

Back