Garden planting time

Not so fast

Tomorrow
Lows in the 30s
snow

The word in our town is
Don't plant ANYTHING!
Until June 15

A bleak, blustery, rainy day and not going to get any better. Some locales around here are under another winter storm watch through Friday morning.

When I think we've had all the winter weather we're going to get and put away my winter coat, hat and boots - we get hit again.

Last edited:
Rain all day today and very, very windy. Of course, it is recycle day pickup and half of the recyclables are strewn across road and lawns including mine. I have lids for my bins. I guess hubby will be busy tomorrow picking it all up off our part of the lawn. Oh well, it is still better than a snowstorm although we might get a bit of wet snow when the temps start dropping this afternoon.

Rain, rain and more rain! It's been raining for three days, heavy at times yesterday and will be again today. Northeast New Jersey, including our area and parts of New York are under a flood watch until 10 p.m. tonight (Thursday). We've already had major flooding two or three times in the last couple of months. I feel so sorry for those who may have to go through it again.

Low 30s F here. Another day of waffling forecasts ("snowy, rainy weather") and as the day begins the overcast is solid but not dark and heavy.

Last night before dusk we even had a short stretch of a mostly sunny opening in the clouds with a lot of blue sky. I only saw just a few light flakes all day though.

We're in some strange "weather blender" with changes and more changes, but always not too far above freezing unlike just a few days back that got decently warm.

It’s a hazy day today and 3 degrees. We are expecting some rain in the next couple of days. We lost our wifi for about a day and a half. Luckily we can transfer to ‘cell’ when that happens. It’s much slower but better than nothing.

It was semi sunny but overcast every 15 minutes or so.. then sun and so on... The rain started as I drove back down the motorway.. but then I out drove it.. and I just got the car unloaded when the rain came down heavy... torrential with a capital T... so all the groceries are in the house fridge while I wait for the rain to stop and I can get them into the freezer in the barn..

Back