A top bird flu scientist has declared he is no longer drinking cow's milk USA

The fake milks have real negatives. Almonds for example require outsized quantities of water which could be used elsewhere. Other fad foods like the avocado have environmental and labor exploitation issues as well.

I've tried the fake milks, but I don't care for them. I know they give people options who can't eat dairy due to lactose intolerance but want to have milk.

The fake milks have real negatives. Almonds for example require outsized quantities of water which could be used elsewhere. Other fad foods like the avocado have environmental and labor exploitation issues as well.
If that's an issue to you, then dairy is still far and away worse as far as water usage. Cows milk requires about 628 litres of water to produce one litre of milk, compared to 371 litres of water to produce one litre of almond milk. Plus it carries the issue of emissions with the cows milk being responsible for 3.2 kg of carbon compared to almond milks, .7 kg of carbon.
https://www.statista.com/chart/22659/cows-milk-plant-milk-sustainability/#:~:text=Every%20liter%20of%20cow's%20milk,emissions%20generated%20by%20cow's%20milk.

Back