Animal Pictures you've taken yourself....

Our local park in Spain...the animals wander free with just a little enclosure for some, to keep them from wandering too far.. Birds.. rabbits, Chickens, Cockerels..Roosters, Turkeys, etc

Animals-Spain-Peacock-HD.jpg

animals-Peacock-HD.jpg

1995 camping trip to Australia with our children; it's a wildlife wonderland
arriving in Sydney, renting a camper, to Canberra, then along the East Coast to Queensland, leaving from Cairns
pictures 1-2 Sydney Zoo
center: by train from Cairns to Kuranda where we saw flocks of hundreds of cockatoos
bottom left: Canberra campground, next to our camper
bottom right: Daintree National Park, Queensland

Two years later, we took a camping trip to New Zealand where our children swam with a pod of dolphins 9 miles offshore in the ocean.

Sydney Zoo 1.jpgSydney Zoo 2.jpgDSC03114.JPGDSC03126.JPGDSC03129.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 331170

Killdeer sitting on her nest in son's drive way,,, 2017
@Sliverfox we used to have killdeer that nested on the lawn of our rented duplex in Maine. They are very protective of their nests and fearless... Even if the lawn mower came by, they wouldn't move! (the person mowing the lawn knew they were there and didn't get too close) And when the chicks hatched, they were so funny to watch... like little fuzzy golf-balls on tooth-pick legs! :ROFLMAO:

@CinnamonSugar,,, last Summer we had a them nest in our woodpile area, kept seeing the mother bird do her limp wing away from the nest.
Lots of old bark,, thought that's where the nest is.

Nope, found it on the stones, blended, right in.

We put Limbs, etc around that area so as to not run over the nest.

She got so we could look at the eggs.

One day there were 2 missing.

Day or so later I looked in the nest,, 2 fuzzy looking stones looked back at me.

By the time I got back with the camera they were up & running away!

All I could think,,,'they look like rocks on toothpick sized legs.' :love:

Elk grazing in the backyard shortly after the conclusion of the eclipse. The 2 to the right have tracking collars. We saw those two in the neighborhood a couple weeks ago. I did send pics to Idaho fish and game - the collars seem a little tight.
Bothcollaredelk.jpg

Close up of collar and tongue.

collaredelktounge .jpg

Back