Anything 80's.....Music, Movies, TV, Fads, Fashion or anything else.

9306d37606b2623bb2e4cacfd7d2b7b6.jpg

Pinky, that young man sure is pretty! And no...I'm not a Cougar. šŸ˜†

I think the 80's had some of the best music. My favorite bands were active during the 80s: Maze f/Frankie Beverly, Mandrill, Earth, Wind & Fire and vocal group The Whispers. Michael Jackson's Thriller album won 8 Grammys including Album of the Year. The Thriller video was an extended first of it's kind killer video. I remember being at a friend's party and we, her guests excitedly watched the premiere of the video. A documentary about the Thriller video also won a Grammy.

Prince released Purple Rain, for which he won 2 Grammys. He wrote I Feel For You for Chaka Khan and won another Grammy for that. Prince and Michael Jackson were the first African American artists who's videos MTV would show. I saw in a documentary that they coerced by someone powerful in the industry (forgot who) to do so.

British artists also attained success here in the states during the 80s. This is also from Wikipedia.
"Several British artists made the successful transition to pop during the 1980s and saw great commercial success, such as David Bowie, Phil Collins, John Lennon, Billy Ocean, Sheena Easton and Paul McCartney. Many British pop bands also dominated the American charts in the early 1980s. Many of them became popular due to their constant exposure on MTV, these bands included The Human League, Culture Club, Duran Duran, and Wham!."

For me, there wasn't too much that I didn't love about the 80's. The music was some of the best I think there was. My husband & I will still watch YouTube of the 80's videos, LOL. If only I knew then what I know now ... oh well, hind sight is 20-20 as the saying goes.

Besides, I met my husband in the 80's šŸ˜.

Back