Are you psychic...or have you ever felt you had psychic abilities. ?

I can't say I'm psychic or have dreams that tell me of the future, but I do have strange "coincidences" that happen from time to time.

I was watching TV one day while playing a word game on my phone. The very word I entered came up on the TV show. I also heard a song the other day that I used to like and just when I was thinking about it, it came up in a mix that I had downloaded. I can't do anything with these abilities, but sometimes it makes me wonder.
I don't believe in coincidences Doug. My BFF and I were talking about this the other day...she doesn't believe in them either.

We all have some sort of ESP, running in the background,
mine are not as strong as many of you in this forum are,
but I have always thought for a long time now, that if you
think of a friend that you haven't seen or spoken with for
a long time, then suddenly you think of them, that I think
is, they have passed on and are saying cheerio/goodbye.

This happened last weekend when Maisie passed on, I
woke on Saturday morning thinking of her, then for a
long time on Sunday afternoon, later that day I learned
that she had gone at 10:30 AM on Saturday, she hadn't
answered my emails for a while, but always sent verbal
messages via a friend who phoned her.

That is my version of contacts, whether it true in every
case, I don't know.

Mike.
Yeah that is pretty much my experience but I get the messages when people are in trouble. Remember the TV show Lassie? I felt like Lassie always showing up when someone was in trouble when I decided I didn't want this in my life.

When people die I can get messages for others. Something will come to mind and I will say it to the person who just lost someone. These experiences stand out as pretty strong evidence of life after death.

For example, I was communicating by private messaging someone in a forum when her husband died. I got this burning desire to write to her two words, red and bucket. I had no idea why I thought I had to say those words to her and I asked her if those words meant anything to her. She said no and then a couple of days later she remembered there was a red bucket in her husband's room that he used for a garbage can. 😵‍💫 That doesn't sound impressive but when someone has had a similar experience a person knows these are more than just thoughts, they are experiences.

A deceased neighbor scared the heck out of me when I got in the apartment elevator. The lights flashed and the elevator would not work. I thought something was wrong with the elevator and was about to get out before getting stuck between floors, when everything went back to normal. That is the only time that elevator did that and that experience followed a bird not flying away when I got close to it. I thought the bird was hurt. Not until I tried to pick it up did it fly away. Maybe these two events were just coincidence but I think they were both her saying good bye.

I can't say I'm psychic or have dreams that tell me of the future, but I do have strange "coincidences" that happen from time to time.

I was watching TV one day while playing a word game on my phone. The very word I entered came up on the TV show. I also heard a song the other day that I used to like and just when I was thinking about it, it came up in a mix that I had downloaded. I can't do anything with these abilities, but sometimes it makes me wonder.

Here is another way of thinking about it.

"Synchronicity (German: Synchronizität) is a concept introduced by analytical psychologist Carl Jung "to describe circumstances that appear meaningfully related yet lack a causal connection."[1] Synchronicity experiences refer to one's subjective experience whereby coincidences between events in one's mind and the outside world may be causally unrelated, yet have another unknown connection. "
Synchronicity - Wikipedia

I've found myself encountering one synchronicity after another recently. Some are quite eerie, even intersecting at specific names and more. Often one thing elaborates or illuminates or critiques the other through their strong parallels. Other times one feels like a facet bounding a common volume or space with another facet, separately distinct but actually parts of some inexplicable whole.

I've found myself encountering one synchronicity after another recently. Some are quite eerie, even intersecting at specific names and more. Often one thing elaborates or illuminates or critiques the other through their strong parallels. Other times one feels like a facet bounding a common volume or space with another facet, separately distinct but actually parts of some inexplicable whole.
Care to expound on those experiences D? I'm intrigued.

It comes to me occasionally. The first time was when I watched a news segment on tv about the mother who drove her kids in a lake with her car. I knew the kids were in the trunk soon as I watched it. The second one was a speech by Bill Clinton with his wife standing by him. I knew instantly she was going to run for president.

A lot of times when I watch crime mysteries on tv, I can easily pick out the killer as soon as the show starts and that freaks people out.

Care to expound on those experiences D? I'm intrigued.
One example is a conversation where I had used a phrase and when later I wanted to repeat it with emphasis I quoted the chorus of an old song. The song was only dimly remembered from my early childhood and I don't think I had any recollection of the lyrics beyond the first line of the chorus.

I asked "Alexa is there a song that goes like XXX YYYYY ZZZZ?" What played next was not only the right song but the song tells a story paralleling the original situation, the conversation topic, and also uses the nickname of one of the principals quite prominently in a highly parallel role. And there are some additional more minor parallels.

There was another discussion of a personal topic related to spirituality that rang a bell because of some specific details. It turned out that those details were also present in an unrelated scenario presented to me around the same time. Details that are far from common in everyday speech and social interaction.

And there are more, most of them explicable at a stretch, but others aren't easily brushed aside. And there there are lots of tiny ones that may only seem to be unusual in this context but probably occur around everyone.

Sorry to be so unhelpfully vague and roundabout, but the details involve family members and circumstances.

Last edited:
There is nothng psychic about me, although. I maintain a bit of psychedelic from years gone past.
Did you do mushrooms? In Oregon psilocybin is legal in a few locations where someone stays in the room with a person using the drug for psychological reasons. I know I have demons in my head and I am afraid of unleashing them, but the promise of a good trip and a new life perspective on life and death is very attractive to me. Stories I have heard of native Americans and peyote tie my curiosity to the subject of psychic experience.

Back