Breakup songs

Reviving an old post to balance out the romantic song post ! I don't think Stevie and Lindsey ever got over it .

I read in different magazines. Including “Rolling Stone” the reason for their breakup was Nicks wanted to live in California and Buckingham wanted to live in New York. That was just one of the reasons.

Then, Nicks ends up marrying the husband of her best friend after she died from Leukemia and because she promised her she would take care of the child. Nicks told Anderson, “We may as well get married.”

Even though Fleetwood Mac went on to being one of the best all time bands, I give a lot of their successful credit to Chrissie McVie. She wrote many of their hit songs for the group. Buckingham wrote one of their best all time sellers, “Go Your Own Way.”

I was lucky enough to see the group twice in concert serving as part of the security team when they played in Philadelphia. Individually, they were each wonderful people to be around. During the concert in Philadelphia, fans started rushing the stage and my security team stepped in and put a stop to it. Both girls gave a kiss on the cheek to one of my team members and me for squashing the stampede.

That was when I became a fan of the group. I actually had a crush on Chrissie. She always seemed so sad. I asked her if she was OK. She kind of stared at me for a moment and then said she was fine, just tired of fighting with everyone. I didn’t pry into what she meant by that. I could tell she was lonely and was lacking being loved. I just had those type of vibes about her. I hope you understand what I mean.

Back