College campus protests news

The decision to focus on settlements is part of the broader tactic to legitimize the BDS campaign, in order for NGOs to continue receiving support from foreign governments and private foundations that declare they do not support the objectives of BDS.
As’ad Abu Khalil, a central activist in the U.S., wrote (2012): “There should not be any equivocation on the subject. Justice and freedom for the Palestinians are incompatible with the existence of the state of Israel.”
Pro-BDS author Ahmed Moor stated (2010): “BDS does mean the end of the Jewish state…Ending the occupation doesn’t mean anything if it doesn’t mean upending the Jewish state itself.”
Co-founder of Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI) Omar Barghouti said, “The current phase has all the emblematic properties of what may be considered the final chapter of the Zionist project. We are witnessing the rapid demise of Zionism, and nothing can be done to save it, for Zionism is intent on killing itself. I, for one, support euthanasia.”
BDS and Antisemitism » ngomonitor

A different view of BDS than you have.
I think there are several views of zionism so you're correct on that score. The main reason that Jewish Israeli's don't want to give the Palestinians equal rights and true justice is that Palestinians traditionally have a higher birth rate. And their fear is that within only a few years, Palestinians would outnumber them and that would be the end of their 'Jewish homeland'.

This morning I noticed a notification on my phone from an app called Zeteo, a site that ex MSNBC host Mehdi Hassan has migrated to. It was a horrifying story to read first thing in the morning. Quadcopters (armed drones) playing the sound of women screaming or babies crying and when people come outside their tents in the refugee camps, to find and help the woman or baby in trouble, they are shot by those armed drones.

A British Palestinian surgeon Ghassan Abu-Sittah was working there in mid-November and he reported seeing 20 cases of people coming in with head, chest and neck gunshot wounds. That is how the Israeli government is 'going after Hamas'. That is the kind of government too many in the world are making excuses for! They are brutes who are using people's natural instinct to help others, particularly babies in trouble, to lure victims to their deaths.

For whatever reason, I'm prevented from sharing videos mostly on this site, but if I could, I'd be attaching videos of holocaust survivors, old Jewish people who lived through the Holocaust, who are calling for an end to this brutality. For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone in the west is excusing or justifying what is going on there now.

Good. I wish you'd do it more often.
At least my comments don't support and justify the murders and mutilations of thousands, including babies and children! And my comments don't attempt to denigrate and belittle those who are trying to keep people from forgetting yet again, the suffering of Palestinian people for 70 years. The attitude of entitlement and pretend superiority of so many is an attempt to continue the grinding down of Palestinian people under the boot heel of their oppressors. And all for the sake of a nation that is using America even as they despise the West.

Netanyahu In 2001: 'America Is A Thing You Can Move Very Easily'

Last edited:

Blinken Says Truce Proposal Received by Hamas 'Extraordinarily Generous'​

In a conference of foreign ministers in Riyadh U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said the U.S. has not yet seen a plan from Israel on a Rafah offensive that would protect civilians, and that the U.S. and Saudi Arabia are carrying out intensive work on Israel-Saudi normalization
https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east...ly-generous/0000018f-2998-d502-a5bf-e9feb8600

Hamas should surrender and give up the hostages. They would have, but western dupes can't see the truth and support a regressive, terrorist regime. Building tunnels under hospitals, schools. Yet, there are no comments about that. Why not?

What if Japan did not surrender?

BTW, I hate Netanyahu and if I heard there were a ceasefire, I would be very glad. Hamas is the enemy. See how they would treat LBGTQ+ and Women. Ask yourselves that. No, you'd rather talk about Jews. That's the bee in your bonnet. Jews.

The Nazis did bad things to the Jews in the 30's and 40's so of course that made it OK to throw the Palestinians off their land and out of their homes in order to establish the state of Israle. And of course it also entiles Israel to continue to appropriate more land from the Palestinians by building more and more settlements.
One of the principles in law is the idea of recompense or paying restitution to an injured party.

You don't think the murder of six million inncocent Jews deserved compensation from the International community? Especially when Israel has been the well-documented historical home of many Jewish ancestors? It is very well-documented by historians that it is their historic land too.

How much criminal evil is enough that you might believe a community deserves compensation? Should the Nazis have killed 6,000,200 Jews and that would be enough for you?

I do not understand DEMONIZING one party or the other. The demonizing only causes more conflict. Both groups have to share the land and if that means two states, then fine! Do it! But demonizing accomplishes nothing but war.

I just want to be clear: I think Netanyahu is handling this war horribly. I don't know if he is Commander in Chief like the U.S. president is, but I know he is at least a philosophical leader of the Armed Forces.

If Hamas lives in the tunnels, why don't they have a plan to fill the tunnels with something, destroy their hiding places, and flush them out? They have found many of the tunnels so why not start filling them with sand or concrete or expanding insulation foam or something?

I am not a fan of Netanyahu. Not one bit.

If Hamas lives in the tunnels, why don't they have a plan to fill the tunnels with something, destroy their hiding places, and flush them out? They have found many of the tunnels so why not start filling them with sand or concrete or expanding insulation foam or something?
I've read weeks ago that there were plans to fill the tunnels with insulation foam. But I think they didn't do it for the reason that there might be hostages too in the tunnels.

In the late '60s I attended the University of Louisville 4 evenings a week (had a full time job, a wife, 4 young children and a house). I can't recall the exact time, but a group of students broke into the ad building and occupied it, protesting racial injustice and/or Vietnam.

The Louisville police tried to get them out peacefully, but that didn't work. So they took the doors down, went in and brought them out forcefully, some being pulled by their legs down the stairs.

The thing is, all but 4-6 of 30 something protestors were NOT students, NOR local residents. They were (in the words of the time) "Professional Agitators".

I and others would have been more sympathetic if they were UofL students or residents, but they were PAID trouble makers! That said, I do believe we are seeing similar circumstances today.

War and college campus demonstrations? Am I 19 years old again? Next thing I know, Carole King will record another Tapestry album.
No she won't, nor any 'clone'. This movement has no music at all. This occurred to me the other day when I woke up with the Dylan lyric "How many deaths will it take till we know; that too many people have died." from Blowin' in the Wind.

One person is too many. If anyone thinks I support it, you are wrong. I just will never support Islamic repression. Separate the two. If Hamas cared about their people, they would surrender NOW.

One of the principles in law is the idea of recompense or paying restitution to an injured party.

You don't think the murder of six million inncocent Jews deserved compensation from the International community? Especially when Israel has been the well-documented historical home of many Jewish ancestors? It is very well-documented by historians that it is their historic land too.

How much criminal evil is enough that you might believe a community deserves compensation? Should the Nazis have killed 6,000,200 Jews and that would be enough for you?

I do not understand DEMONIZING one party or the other. The demonizing only causes more conflict. Both groups have to share the land and if that means two states, then fine! Do it! But demonizing accomplishes nothing but war.
The way I see it it was the Germans who owed the Jews compensation. Not the Palestinians.

This morning I noticed a notification on my phone from an app called Zeteo, a site that ex MSNBC host Mehdi Hassan has migrated to. It was a horrifying story to read first thing in the morning. Quadcopters (armed drones) playing the sound of women screaming or babies crying and when people come outside their tents in the refugee camps, to find and help the woman or baby in trouble, they are shot by those armed drones.

A British Palestinian surgeon Ghassan Abu-Sittah was working there in mid-November and he reported seeing 20 cases of people coming in with head, chest and neck gunshot wounds. That is how the Israeli government is 'going after Hamas'. That is the kind of government too many in the world are making excuses for! They are brutes who are using people's natural instinct to help others, particularly babies in trouble, to lure victims to their deaths.

Where is another source to substantiate using drones this way? Why an audio to draw people out of tents when they could just shoot into the tents? This doesn't make much sense or is this Hamas propaganda? Where is the physical evidence?

The majority of the wounds from the battlefield are found in the head, neck & upper chest. Those are the body parts that are the most exposed & are aimed at during combat.

At least my comments don't support and justify the murders and mutilations of thousands, including babies and children! And my comments don't attempt to denigrate and belittle those who are trying to keep people from forgetting yet again, the suffering of Palestinian people for 70 years. The attitude of entitlement and pretend superiority of so many is an attempt to continue the grinding down of Palestinian people under the boot heel of their oppressors. And all for the sake of a nation that is using America even as they despise the West.

Netanyahu In 2001: 'America Is A Thing You Can Move Very Easily'
I got the same notice but mine said that Hamas was controlling those drones.

The way I see it it was the Germans who owed the Jews compensation. Not the Palestinians.
You can read about it all online:
History of Israel - Wikipedia. From this page:

Birth of Zionism

Main articles: History of Zionism and Mutasarrifate of Jerusalem
Between 1882 and 1903, approximately 35,000 Jews moved to Palestine, known as the First Aliyah.[197] In the Russian Empire, Jews faced growing persecution and legal restrictions. Half the world's Jews lived in the Russian Empire, where they were restricted to living in the Pale of Settlement. Severe pogroms in the early 1880s and legal repression led to 2 million Jews emigrating from the Russian Empire. 1.5 million went to the United States. Popular destinations were also Germany, France, England, Holland, Argentina and Palestine.[198][199]

Russian Jews established the Bilu and Hovevei Zion ("Lovers of Zion") movements with the aim of settling in Palestine. In 1878, Russian Jewish emigrants established the village of Petah Tikva ("The Beginning of Hope"), followed by Rishon LeZion ("First to Zion") in 1882. The existing Ashkenazi-Jewish communities were concentrated in the Four Holy Cities, extremely poor and relied on donations (halukka) from groups abroad, while the new settlements were small farming communities, but still relied on funding by the French Baron, Edmond James de Rothschild, who sought to establish profitable enterprises. Many early migrants could not find work and left, but despite the problems, more settlements arose and the community grew. After the Ottoman conquest of Yemen in 1881, a large number of Yemenite Jews also emigrated to Palestine, often driven by Messianism.[200]

In 1896 Theodor Herzl published Der Judenstaat (The Jewish State), in which he asserted that the solution to growing antisemitism in Europe (the so-called "Jewish Question") was to establish a Jewish state. In 1897, the World Zionist Organization was founded and the First Zionist Congress proclaimed its aim "to establish a home for the Jewish people in Palestine secured under public law."[201] The Congress chose Hatikvah ("The Hope") as its anthem.

Between 1904 and 1914, around 40,000 Jews settled in the area now known as Israel (the Second Aliyah). In 1908 the World Zionist Organization set up the Palestine Bureau (also known as the "Eretz Israel Office") in Jaffa and began to adopt a systematic Jewish settlement policy.[202] In 1909 residents of Jaffa bought land outside the city walls and built the first entirely Hebrew-speaking town, Ahuzat Bayit (later renamed Tel Aviv).[203]

Timeline: Timeline of Israeli history - Wikipedia
Another: Modern Israeli History: A Timeline | My Jewish Learning
What is so sad and strange to me is that the Jewish people have a centuries-long history of being hated by so-called Christians and driven out of nation after nation because "they killed Christ". They are an indigenous tribe, indigenous to the lands now called Israel. They have been hated by some so-called Christians for centuries just like other so-called Christians called Native Americans "savages" and justified kidnapping their children and putting them in boarding schools. Don't erase our history: The Jewish people are indigenous to the land of Israel - MinnPost

It makes no sense to hate GROUPS of people unless they are all criminals, like organized crime groups. But not all Palestinians are Hamas and not all Jews are Netanyahu supporters.

The Jews are indigenous to the land in question. Their tribe and the other tribes have been fighting over the land for CENTURIES, much the way the Vikings fought over Northern Europe for hundreds of years.

WHY do you think all those White people in Europe are all White, yet they are proud Danes or Swedes or Norwegians or Brits and will compete madly against one another on soccer fields and at the Olympics? It's because their WISE leaders CHOSE, finally decided, that productivity and family life are better, superior, to war and fighting. They established boundaries for their respective lands, established laws to rule their nations, and CHOSE to work on being productive, making, growing and selling things, getting their children well-educated, and CHOSE to turn away from the old habit of tribal wars.

They chose a new way of life.

Unfortunately, we still have Putin and his oligarchs. They have not gotten the memo yet about how great peace can be, so Putin's still trying the old model of World Domination.

I dearly hope and pray that all the tribes in the region of Israel will get the memo and opt for TWO STATES. Peace is better than war. How many centuries does it take to learn that? The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind.

Last edited:
I agree. There was nothing stupid about protesting the Vietnam war. Kudos to those who were old enough and able to protest. It was a worthwhile thing to do, because when it became apparent there was so little support at home for this expensive war it was funded less and so it eventually ended. Lives saved, at least.
Chic I agree with you and others who said there was nothing stupid about the Vietnam war protests. I saw a news report in which a young man said he feels people have a right to protest the Israel-Hamas war because it's their (our) tax dollars that are funding it. Also, I believe people have the right to peacefully protest for causes they believe in.

It is nothing like the Vietnam protests. Nothing. I woke up today thinking "Why is there no music?" Why no Dylan, Pete Seeger, Peter Paul & Mary? Because the people behind this are filled with hate. Most of them are dupes. Ask yourselves----where did all the tents come from? How is everyone wearing those ugly scarves and masks with the Palestinian pattern? WHO IS GIVING THEM OUT?
Where are they coming from? Why are they wearing masks like cowards? During Vietnam, young men bravely and publicly burned their draft cards.
I guess I see things differently. Agree that this far from similar to the Vietnam war protests.. It strikes me that there are factions that have figured out that a form of "slight of hand" can be used to distract public focus on serious issues . I may not be explaining my thought clearly. The magician waves a scarf so we won't see the other hand pulling a card from his pocket. In the world of sound byte wars that seems to happen when a small group wants to distract public attention from unpopular facts.

So if we a protest, based upon the meaningful or phony, gets our attention then maybe we won't focus on what is glaringly in front of us. In this case, a protest in support of an unpopular event on the other side of the world distracts our attention from local issues, like economic policy, regulations that don't seem to be based on well thought out objectives, or even the direction things are going. Sort of a bait and switch routine.

Yesterday, @TennVet, I heard some newsreaders make the same complaint............that they are distracted, especially given the time limits on their programs............from giving other news; that other stories, some like those you mentioned, are being "cancelled" off their shows in order to focus on the campus rumpus.

I have a right to my opinion. Not only ugly, but regressive. The women who wear it are downright stupid. Let's see how women's rights fly with those they are defending.

Yes, of course you have the right to an opinion. Reading between the lines of your opinion on this topic, you're letting your own political agenda and beliefs color everything about the topic. This is serious stuff, and you're reducing it to a fashion statement. As such, again - as it comes to this topic - I simply can't take you seriously. Sorry.

But yes - we both are entitled to our opinion!

Back