College campus protests news

It is nothing like the Vietnam protests. Nothing. I woke up today thinking "Why is there no music?" Why no Dylan, Pete Seeger, Peter Paul & Mary? Because the people behind this are filled with hate. Most of them are dupes. Ask yourselves----where did all the tents come from? How is everyone wearing those ugly scarves and masks with the Palestinian pattern? WHO IS GIVING THEM OUT?
Where are they coming from? Why are they wearing masks like cowards? During Vietnam, young men bravely and publicly burned their draft cards.

It is nothing like the Vietnam protests. Nothing. I woke up today thinking "Why is there no music?" Why no Dylan, Pete Seeger, Peter Paul & Mary? Because the people behind this are filled with hate. Most of them are dupes. Ask yourselves----where did all the tents come from? How is everyone wearing those ugly scarves and masks with the Palestinian pattern? WHO IS GIVING THEM OUT?
Where are they coming from? Why are they wearing masks like cowards? During Vietnam, young men bravely and publicly burned their draft cards.
Hi Pepper. What is your answer to all those questions ❓

Personally it’s the younger generation that casts a light on what is really happening. Although I felt sorry for our soldiers dying I also felt sorry for the Vietnamese civilians being killed.

Now innocent Jews were killed October 7 and in response many innocent Palestinians are being slaughtered. Most are women and children. Many are being starved. I won’t shed a tear for Hamas being killed. The aid workers were purposely targeted because Israel didn’t want people being fed.

I really don’t understand how anyone could believe in God. If there was a God the holocaust and many other atrocities would have never happened. I went to Auschwitz and had the only panic attack of my life. The only way I can explain it is that literally I could feel people’s souls.

Personally it’s the younger generation that casts a light on what is really happening. Although I felt sorry for our soldiers dying I also felt sorry for the Vietnamese civilians being killed.

Now innocent Jews were killed October 7 and in response many innocent Palestinians are being slaughtered. Most are women and children. Many are being starved. I won’t shed a tear for Hamas being killed. The aid workers were purposely targeted because Israel didn’t want people being fed.

I really don’t understand how anyone could believe in God. If there was a God the holocaust and many other atrocities would have never happened. I went to Auschwitz and had the only panic attack of my life. The only way I can explain it is that literally I could feel people’s souls.
I have just one question here. Who made the decision to go to war or to kill those people in Auschwitz? I am of the understanding that those were decisions made by man. So it is hardly God's fault that people died. According to the Bible we will all die. At some point and time we will all eventually die. God has never promised us immortality. Only eternity for those who believe and do His will. We will naturally all die in a variety of ways. How can you not believe in God?

Firstly, since when has protest been a bad thing? Women wouldn't have gotten the vote without it. We should also be very careful when discussing topics like this. The language you're using here, such as "Because the people behind this are filled with hate", say a whole lot more about you than it does them. You clearly have a view on the political issue in question, and sadly it's preventing you for approaching this with a clear head, imo.

What is happening in Palestine should be of grave concern to all. Most governments have voiced their concerns. Our tax money is being spent enabling it. Some people will agree with what is going on, some won't. But either side should be free to protest. If we stop accepting that as a valid response, then our countries are truly doomed. Freedom of speech means you get to express yourself, and leaning on "hate" is just an excuse to write off an opinion you don't agree with, imo. How much more of this type of thing should we accept: Baby saved from dead mother's womb in Gaza dies

As to why they're wearing masks - because it's 2024, that's why. They know there are possible ramifications that go beyond this issue, and they want to protect themselves. Sensible then. For example, people complain of "big brother", but don't bat an eye when governments (yes, including both the US and UK) use face-recognition camera's to identify people walking down a street. With our connectivity, it's a simple step to link one person on the front line with their employers, relatives, residences, etc. Are you okay with that?

Protests like there have become something of a regular feature in Europe. We've had some big ones in London. Still, even if you disagree with these people, at least they're doing something, another in a long line of people willing to protest against things they believe are wrong. I don't understand the vitriol at all. You are free to have your own protest if need be.

For me, it's good to see young people standing up for what they believe in, especially when it goes against what is dictated by the larger population and mainstream media.

I have just one question here. Who made the decision to go to war or to kill those people in Auschwitz? I am of the understanding that those were decisions made by man. So it is hardly God's fault that people died. According to the Bible we will all die. At some point and time we will all eventually die. God has never promised us immortality. Only eternity for those who believe and do His will. We will naturally all die in a variety of ways. How can you not believe in God?
If there was ever a war that "needed to be fought ", it was the war to defeat Hitler and his Nazi cohorts. JimB.

Many are still in their teenage rebel phase, others want to stick it to who they perceive as the man, some might be paid, some are sheep following a trend but there are also idiots. Student admits they really don't know what they are protesting.

MSN
That sounds like a pretty good description of everyone that is involved in war. ( including me )

I saw some musicless dancers.

Doesn't remind me of the Vietnam War protests at all. Those college kids actually had skin in the game because some of them, and many of their peers, were being drafted.

On the one hand, I'm glad the college students are paying attention. On the other hand, does Netanyahu give one darn about what college students in American think of his policies?

I seriously wonder if they all got together and mailed him 1,000,000 letters on the topic, or arranged a meeting with him (form a student group, elect a board, and their student leaders go see him) would that work better?

But no, it doesn't remind me of Vietnam at all. Sorry.

I think, if I were in Europe for an extended vacation, I would try to visit one of the camps because I like history and historic sites, but I know it would break my heart.

I have only visited the Holocaust Museum in D.C. and that was tough enough. So, I don't know if I could deal with a camp. Did you ever read "Night" by Ellie Weisel? I have. Such a powerful book.

It seems that not all states even require teens to learn about the Holocaust in high school. So, we have a SERIOUS problem if that is the case.

Survey finds 'shocking' lack of Holocaust knowledge in people under 40
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/29/us/holocaust-marjorie-taylor-greene-states-trnd/index.html
Politifact takes issue with the stats noted above:
How familiar are US students with the Holocaust?

So, IDK. Would be nice if the Dept. of Education did a survey about this topic every 3 to 5 years, right? And about reading comprehension, basic math comprehension, etc.

But I still think if the college students really want changes, they should form an organization and send their reps to go talk to Israeli leaders. It's not North Vietnam in the 1960s - Israel will let them in! They don't have to be famous, rich or powerful. They just have to have the money to afford the trip and go through proper protocol to talk to the elected leaders.

I’ve been watching the campus protest news closely.
I’ve also been watching the news from Israel.

No doubt it's only a matter of days until the Israel pulls out of Gaza completely and welcomes Hamas back to power so as to satisfy the demands of the campus demonstrators. Netanyahu must be shaking in his boots every time he sees the news of campus protests.

Student Protestors in my area trashed the student union building when the administration let them stay over night.

Given the number of enrolled students I doubt if the protestors were as much as 1% of the student body, assuming they were all enrolled students.

Vintage Better, yes I read the book Night, Man’s Search for Meaning and All But My Life which are all personal experiences of surviving the holocaust. I read them decades ago and never forgot the stories.

There’s not one shred of evidence of god’s existence. He could make the entire world believe in an instant if he existed. God was a concept made by ancient man to explain natural phenomena, etc which they found scary. It has since turned into a big money making business and a great way to control people. How many other things do you believe with absolutely zero evidence?

There’s not one shred of evidence of god’s existence. He could make the entire world believe in an instant if he existed. God was a concept made by ancient man to explain natural phenomena, etc which they found scary. It has since turned into a big money making business and a great way to control people. How many other things do you believe with absolutely zero evidence?

Faith. It's the reason we give when we have no evidence. You don't need evidence if you have faith.

Many are still in their teenage rebel phase, others want to stick it to who they perceive as the man, some might be paid, some are sheep following a trend but there are also idiots. Student admits they really don't know what they are protesting.

MSN
I agree, this so called 'protest' has many who are just hanging out for the fun of it! TV interview staff have had finding protestors that actually have a clue what is being protested. Blind, leading the blind...

I agree, this so called 'protest' has many who are just hanging out for the fun of it! TV interview staff have had finding protestors that actually have a clue what is being protested. Blind, leading the blind...

Only if you believe in whatever biased media you're watching. How many of thousands protesting have been interviewed? How do you decide which protests are real and meaningful, and which are just people "hanging out for the fun of it"?

Back