Did you like Twinkies when you were younger?

I did, but I liked other Hostess cakes better. My favorites were the orange cupcakes; I also liked the chocolate cupcakes, with the filling inside, of course. When I was in grammar school, the Hostess factory was across from the school. It used to small so good. They had a discount store that my father would get our bread and pastries from.

20240417_011429.jpg

Later in life, I worked with a nurse, may she R.I.P., who absolutely loved Twinkies and she often brought them for snack time.

I liked other Hostess cakes better. My favorites were the orange cupcakes
Those orange ones look so good! I can't remember trying one of those. Definitely not when I was young. They do look like I might have seen them before. I just looked them up at Walmart; they still carry them. 🤔 Very tempting. For nostalgia value. :)

Those orange ones look so good! I can't remember trying one of those. Definitely not when I was young. They do look like I might have seen them before. I just looked them up at Walmart; they still carry them. 🤔 Very tempting. For nostalgia value. :)
If I saw them in a double pack I'd definitely get them, but I don't need a whole box of them.

I can't remember ever having more than 2 or 3 Twinkies in my lifetime... I wasn't impressed. I have always been a Little Debbie girl for some of those products, though... mainly Star Crunch and Oatmeal Pies. For cupcakes I like the TastyKake chocolate with the buttercreme frosting and chocolate stripe. 😋

Can't remember eating Twinkies grewing up, being a 'Southern Boy', lived on 'Moonpies'.
My back up was a bag of Lance peanuts dumped into a bottle of RC Cola.

With that diet, wonder how I made it to adulthood...
The famous "Ten-cent Lunch" of the Depression was a Moonpie and a RC Cola.

I guess throw in some peanuts and you'd have a three-course meal.

I can't remember ever having more than 2 or 3 Twinkies in my lifetime... I wasn't impressed. I have always been a Little Debbie girl for some of those products, though... mainly Star Crunch and Oatmeal Pies. For cupcakes I like the TastyKake chocolate with the buttercreme frosting and chocolate stripe. 😋

If you lived in the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast region of the USA you know TastyKake. They still make all kinds of snack cakes. These days I don't eat any of them, but I loved them when I was a kid. 😊

Tastykake Chocolate Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes - made in Pa....YUM! - my ...
Tastykake coconut frosty Kandy Kakes | 2016-11-23 | Snack and Bakery ...
Tastykake Chocolate Kandy Kakes Have Been Recalled Over Undeclared Peanuts
Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets - Xenos Candy N Gifts
Tastykake Krimpets and 1 Door2Door Connection Pen - (Jelly, 1 Box ...
Tastykake: Kreamies Cream Filled Chocolate 8 Ct Cakes, 12 Oz ...
Tastykake Swirly Chocolate Cupcakes - 6 ea, Nutrition Information | Innit
Tastykake Easter seasonal treats | 2018-02-21 | Snack and Bakery

Don't like any of them. They're loaded with all kinds of nasty things for your body. I was curious about Tastykake's (never had one in my life) and I saw the butterscotch Krimpets somewhere and decided to try them because I love butterscotch. They were terrible!! I threw them away and was disappointed but glad I didn't like them because I wouldn't want to start another bad food habit....haha.

When I was young, Twinkies were one of my snacks of choice. Oily, sweet, sticky, soft and full of chemicals. Yum!

I haven't eaten one in a long time, but I've been thinking of them lately.

View attachment 340943
Anyone else enjoy Twinkies in their youth?

In my defense I was a kid at the time but yes along with everything of the kind.

I cannot tell a lie - when I visit the east coast I bring home several boxes of Ring Dings and stash them on top of the kegs in our kegerator. If it's been a long time between visits and a friend or relative is coming west, I request that they stash a couple of boxes in their suitcase for me.

As an occasional sweet afternoon snack, I'll break one out - half for me, half for DH. Love Ring Dings!

I was never a fan of Twinkies but did like devil dogs and funny bones. The chocolate stuff. Mom was a good cook and we always had freshly made desserts around to eat. In high school my interest began to wane. By college I was buying homemade oatmeal cookies from the health food store and just flipped to foods that were healthier choices. It was the beginning of something.
:giggle:

My folks had a small neighborhood grocery store, so Twinkies and Hostess Cupcakes, and all of that kind of treats were there all of the time, along with the whole candy counter that had everything from penny candy to 5-10 cent candy bars.
I seldom ate any of it, it just did not interest me, maybe because it was food that was always available, and maybe because i just didn’t eat many sweets.
If I did eat any, it was a chocolate Hostess cupcake, but that was not often. Sunflower seeds was my snack of choice.

Back