Did you watch Grace & Frankie?

https://www.netflix.com/nl-en/title/80017537

Article about Jane and Lily in the NY Times Magazine now: When Jane Fonda Met Lily Tomlin

I watched all of the shows. I was AMAZED that such a show got made, even just for Netflix. I was like, "OMG, who allowed these older women to create this? That is breaking ALL the rules of TV and film." Thank heavens for Netflix because no major networks would have ever OK'd this or bought it.

So many great lines and jokes about growing older in this show. One of them I will always remember is when Grace and her new beau were meeting another couple at a golf course and one of the guys suggested they walk over to the clubhouse and Grace says, "Sure! We have three good knees between us!"

Eight knees, only three of them working well. That made me laugh.

What I liked so much about this series is that it's not like so many movies featuring older folks and showing them basically living like older versions of college kids partying. Real problems that Seniors face were discussed: driving while older, trying to get along with your adult children and former spouses and lovers who often think their Senior parents are losing their marbles when they just want the right to live some dreams, being forced to move into a care facility because of memory issues, to marry or not to marry, etc.

My only criticism is that is it reinforced the stereotype that all Seniors are set financially and have not only one home, but at least two. It would have been nice if the writers had explored the poverty of Seniors too, which is about 10% of those 65+. Frankie seems like the kind of person who would be volunteering at a Food Bank once a month and they could have explored poverty from that angle.

But overall, I loved that show.

I’m not sure Frankie would have volunteered at a food bank. She was all about herself 100% of the time. My guess is she might have advised hungry seniors to store their produce near a crystal that would give out ‘energy‘ that would keep the food from rotting out. And then try to sell them the crystal at an inflated price.

Last edited:
I've tried to watch this and do like it but wander away from it. I honestly love to see what Jane Fonda's character is wearing cause I love some of her clothes.

I watched the first episode and never got back to it. That scene at the end on the beach when they were both high was hilarious. :ROFLMAO: Vintage..don't know if you realize it but there's an Entertainment section for threads about T.V. shows, movies, books, music, celebrities, etc.
@Bretrick

Back