Drugs, Drugs And More Drugs

We were running a sting operation on a group just outside of Philadelphia (Chester) that was suspected of dealing and selling drugs. Not low grade stuff like marijuana or skunk weed. This was opiates, methamphetamines and fentanyl. We watched this place for 4 days before it was decided to take them down. We had 6 Troopers, 4 FBI Agents, along with 3 more ATF agents.

I was going in through the back door and 2 of the ATF agents were going through the front door. It was about 3:30 a.m. That’s the best time to take these guys down. They were all asleep, except 2 men. Both went for their weapons, one included a fully automatic AK-47. They were immediately shot and killed. The rest of the house was searched and an additional half million dollars of meth was found.

The others were taken into custody, along with over one and a half million dollars of drugs, not including what was found upstairs. Three of them went to prison and the other 2 went to the morgue. We also counted about a half million dollars in cash were recovered. It was a good night. All of our guys were safe.

One of the men we charges was a local guy that went by the nickname of “Sluggo.” He got that name because he was an outstanding softball player for his local team. He hit home run after home run every game he played in. After the games, they would all go down to the local bar and celebrate. Everyone loved Sluggo because he would do anything for anyone any time. He held no job, so we figured he made his money selling or dealing drugs. He always drove a very expensive car and rented a very expensive house.

People would talk around the town about how great a guy he was. I tried to tell them, if they call a person “great” and he sells death, they have their priorities mixed up. He was one of the men killed. He was found with the AK-47 in his hands. After the word got out, many of the citizens hated us for killing Sluggo. I would tell them, “He was going to kill me.” A few of them said “to bad he missed.”

I asked them, “Supposed I was your dad or brother. Would you feel the same way?” I also asked them if they had any idea how many people in Chester he helped to kill? Ask anyone from that area. Chester is considered the drug capital of PA. We have had a lot of kids, mostly black kids killed for either using or selling drugs, including Cocaine and Fentanyl. Many came from inside Philly to buy their drugs.

Drugs-The number one industry in the U.S. The FBI tells us the situation is getting better. I asked how did they mean better? Did the selling get better or did the cutting back on arrests get better?

I would say at least 1 out of 2 traffic stops I did, I would find drugs in the vehicle or the driver was under the influence. I stopped one car outside of Philadelphia on I-95. The driver swore he had no drugs in the car. I gave him a breathalyzer test and he blew a 1.1, so now I have probable cause to search his car. I confiscated his car and had it towed to the city police garage for analysis. They found 50 pounds of cocaine sewed into the passenger seat. I think they valued it at over a half million dollars.

I brought the suspect into an interview room and told him he was looking at 20 years, but if he cooperated and told me where he got the stuff, the judge may go easy on him. He refused saying he would be killed if he gave up the name. I said Ok, enjoy your stay. He called for me the next day and wanted a guarantee he wouldn’t get any time and get put into the witness protection program. I told I didn’t have the authority to do that, but I would try to help him. He refused.

This reminds me of that show To Catch A Smuggler. People will take the car apart and put it back together to hide drugs. And the false compartments in suitcases are used. I wish they would show the real sentencing that is given for each crime.

This reminds me of that show To Catch A Smuggler. People will take the car apart and put it back together to hide drugs. And the false compartments in suitcases are used. I wish they would show the real sentencing that is given for each crime.
That’s another issue. Some of these traffickers get 50 years and are back on the street in less than 10. Because they have so much money from selling drugs, they can afford the best lawyers. They file all of these appeals to get another trial or a resentencing hearing and the judges seem willing to go along with their wishes.

I have never liked being involved in drug cases. They are very frustrating. You think you did a great job getting one of these vermin off the streets and then in just a few years later, you get a list of prior defendants that were given lengthy sentences, but are now back on the street. We can’t win the war on drugs because the courts keep setting them free.

Biggest reason I hear is “It’s all about overcrowding and how expensive it is to house these scumbags.”

News media is regularly running stories of rampant hard drug use here in California urban areas. It usually isn't that police are not trying to stop drug crimes but rather advocates for poor and minorities now dominate politicians that install DA's and judges that share their otherwise society blaming views, just letting them out suggesting rehabilitation and retraining.

As I've occasionally posted herein, there is a certain solution and that is to change punishments from expensive to the public incarceration or fines poor often never pay because they cannot to CORPORAL PUNISHMENT with short periods of inexpensive unpleasant jailing enough to deter them. Something criminals themselves have always used to control their own because IT WORKS.

Last edited:
That’s another issue. Some of these traffickers get 50 years and are back on the street in less than 10. Because they have so much money from selling drugs, they can afford the best lawyers. They file all of these appeals to get another trial or a resentencing hearing and the judges seem willing to go along with their wishes.

I have never liked being involved in drug cases. They are very frustrating. You think you did a great job getting one of these vermin off the streets and then in just a few years later, you get a list of prior defendants that were given lengthy sentences, but are now back on the street. We can’t win the war on drugs because the courts keep setting them free.

Biggest reason I hear is “It’s all about overcrowding and how expensive it is to house these scumbags.”
It's a revolving door.

Sending a convicted felon to jail / prison is like sending them to school. I have no sympathy for the handlers of drugs, and consider drugs to be the main reason for crime that has inundated our communities. And don't think for a minute it is only in the poor neighborhoods - for I can tell you it is not. I have personally seen the effects on the individuals and their families - and rich or poor - it ain't pretty.

"If I were in charge", a 2 or 3 time loser would get a mandatory death sentence.

Here's what I've noticed, in my rural area. Marijuana users — M.J. is legal for adults — are pacific, and friendlier than people who habitually depend on alcohol. My personal friends are either moderate of abstemious with those substances.

Meth & coke are rumored by reliable sources (people I know personally, or business operators) to be quite present in the community. Coke is only accessed regularly by economic high rollers, while meth may be a drug of frequent choice among the average biker (male or female) or low-skilled young people. I don't know what those young guys do after they're no longer young, I'm guessing they may drift more into regular alcohol consumption. I've heard there is some opiate/opioid addiction too, but not to any great extent, so far as I know.

This hard-drug situation has grown in our area over the last 20 years. Some of the supply lines are most likely through the big cities Vancouver or Calgary, both of which are about 450 miles away. Some smaller amounts are no doubt squeaked across the much-nearer rural Canada/US border crossings; possibly the majority of those quantities are seized, and some seizures are reported in regional news.

Last edited:

Back