Eggnog Cake with an Eggnog Glaze

🎄 Since I enjoy eggnog, I had made this Eggnog Cake with an Eggnog Glaze, for the Christmas holiday.

Eggnog Cake with an Eggnog Glaze

Prep Time
: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 38 Minutes

1 (15.25-oz.) box Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Yellow Cake Mix

1 (1-oz.) box Baker's Corner Sugar Free Vanilla Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding & Pie Filling

4 large eggs

1 cup eggnog (I used Kemps Eggnog, which I really like)

1/4 cup canola oil

1 teaspoon McCormick All-Natural Pure Vanilla Extract

1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg

-
Eggnog Glaze Ingredients:

1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
7 teaspoons Eggnog
-

1.) To make the cake: In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, eggnog, canola oil, vanilla extract and nutmeg.

2.) Using an electric hand-held mixer, beat ingredients on medium speed for 2 minutes. (Or until all the ingredients are well combined.)

3.) Pour the batter into a well-greased 10-inch nonstick fluted tube cake pan.

4.) Bake in a 350°F oven for 38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.

5.) To Glaze the cake: In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and enough eggnog; to achieve a drizzling consistency.

6.) Quickly drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake, and sprinkle desired amount of green colored sugar on top of the glaze.

7.) Yields: One 10-inch Bundt Cake.

Photo of (15.25-oz.) box Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Yellow Cake Mix.

Photo of (1-oz.) package of Baker's Corner Sugar Free Vanilla Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding & Pie Filling.

Photo of Kemp's Eggnog, which I used when preparing the Eggnog Cake with Eggnog Glaze.

When it came to adding the vanilla extract, always use McCormick's All-Natural Pure Vanilla Extract.

Photo of Eggnog Cake after it's been baked in a 10-inch Bundt Pan.

-

You're welcome!

I picked up the ingredients yesterday and will be baking this soon.
OMG, I can't believe you could still get some Eggnog at a stope. I originally made 2 different Eggnog Cakes, but the recipe I submitted on thin site was my favorite. I had also made some Eggnog Cookies this year as well. I love Eggnog❣️

OMG, I can't believe you could still get some Eggnog at a stope. I originally made 2 different Eggnog Cakes, but the recipe I submitted on thin site was my favorite. I had also made some Eggnog Cookies this year as well. I love Eggnog❣️
Eggnog is plentiful here. I love it too. I'm really looking forward to making this cake. Eggnog cookies? Never heard of them. But, they do sound wonderful too!

Happy New Year @1DomesticGoddess and thanks again for sharing your recipe. 🤗

Eggnog is plentiful here. I love it too. I'm really looking forward to making this cake. Eggnog cookies? Never heard of them. But, they do sound wonderful too!

Happy New Year @1DomesticGoddess and thanks again for sharing your recipe. 🤗

Gemma, you are very sweet. The Eggnog Cookies, as well as the Eggnog Bars, I actually made from one recipe. I divided up the original recipe (the dough) to make the cookies and bars. I'll also post as to where I found the recipe.
-

Eggnog Cookies

-
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: 48 cookies
-

4 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon cream of tartar

1 teaspoon nutmeg, may use 2 tsp for stronger eggnog flavor

1 cup butter

3/4 cups granulated sugar

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, light or dark

2 eggs

1/4 cup Shamrock Farms Eggnog

1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or rum extract if desired

-

TOPPING:
6 Tablespoons sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons nutmeg

-

Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup Shamrock Farms Eggnog
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

-

Instructions:

1.) For The Dough: In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and cream of tartar. Set aside. *MAKE SURE YOU GENTLY SPOON YOUR FLOUR INTO YOUR MEASURING CUP, VS SCOOPING THE FLOUR. SCOOPING CAN RESULT IN TOO MUCH FLOUR.

2.) In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs, eggnog and vanilla or rum extract. Mix well.

3.) Stir in the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.

4.) Cover bowl (or remove dough from bowl and wrap in plastic wrap) and chill for 1+ hours.

5.) When ready to bake, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Form the dough into 1 inch balls. Mix nutmeg and sugar in a small bowl and roll each ball of dough through the sugar mixture to coat one side.

6.) Place on a greased baking sheet or a cookie sheet covered with wax paper or silicone baking mat.

7.) Bake 8-9 minutes. Do not overbake. Allow to cool on baking sheet for at least ten minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.

8.) For Glaze:
Combine powdered sugar, eggnog and nutmeg. Stir well to combine. Drizzle over cookies and allow to set up. Glaze stays slightly soft so best not to stack cookies if glazed.

-
Eggnog Cookies
-

This is how my cookies/bars turned out. I also took a photo of Kemps Eggnog, which I used to make the cookies and bars.

Attachments

• #1 photo of Eggnog Cookies_.JPG
    #1 photo of Eggnog Cookies_.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 2
  • #2 Photo of Kemps Eggnog_.JPG
    #2 Photo of Kemps Eggnog_.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 2
  • #3_Photo of Eggnog Bars_.JPG
    #3_Photo of Eggnog Bars_.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 2
  • #4 - 2nd photo of Eggnog Cookies_.JPG
    #4 - 2nd photo of Eggnog Cookies_.JPG