Elephant In The Neighborhood

b146d47c378f75fb1812411a53bb04d8.jpg

COOKS.COM RECIPE SEARCH

ELEPHANT SOUP
Printed from COOKS.COMhttps://cooks.com/4x9gx853

1 elephant
Salt and pepper
2 rabbits (optional)

Cut elephant into bite-size pieces. This should take about 2 months. Add enough brown gravy to cover. Cook over kerosene fire for 4 weeks at 465 degrees. This will serve 3, 800 people. If more are expected, 2 rabbits may be added, but do this only if necessary as most people do not like to find a hare in their soup.

NOTE: No elephants or rabbits were harmed in the printing of this recipe.

iu

"Marian Busey, wife of former UCCS political science professor Jim Busey, discusses the transformation of the UCCS water tower to the Campbell's Cream of Elephant soup tower."

The UCCS "Cream of Elephant soup" water tower

Elephant calf separated from herd in India is reunited with mother​

1010.jpg

A baby elephant who was separated from his mother and the rest of his herd in a wildlife park in Tamil Nadu, south India, has been reunited with them by park officials.

An aerial photograph taken by officials shows the mother and calf, three days later, enjoying a nap on a slight incline with the baby nestled in the nook of his mother’s chest.

Elephant calf separated from herd in India is reunited with mother

Elephants in an urban jungle

The number of “out of work” elephants that would once have worked in the logging industry in Thailand is becoming a headache in Bangkok’s urban jungle.

OnAsia_03_ble00678_1000617i.jpg

During the day the elephants, seemingly healthy and well fed, wander around the ruined townhouses. The mahouts sometimes wash them since most of them look like they're painted white from rubbing up against the whitewashed walls

OnAsia_04_ble00653_1000616i.jpg

In Thailand, before there were modern vehicles, elephants were the taxis of the rich and used as tanks in battle. They are revered as national symbols and it is estimated that there are 3,800 domesticated elephants in Thailand today Credit: (C) Brent Lewin/OnAsia.com

jumbo1.jpgjumbo2.jpg
This Victorian, carved occasional table, featuring "elephant legs" and made in India in the 19th century, appeared on an antiques program on television just recently. It garnered much interest but I can't remember the price, only that it was quite expensive.

Back