Fed up? Feel free to vent here, and get it off your chest!

I'm not really sure what I'm venting at exactly.. not venting so much as irritated..

yesterday I drove past a long queue..locally... I know half these people.. they were all dressed well, high end clothing or high fashion.., shoes etc.. most have expensive cars.. I didn't know what they were queuing for, it was outside a local hall...

Only later in the day did I discover that the hall has been set up twice a week as a food bank.. and these people were queuing for free food... :oops:

Last edited:
This is a work in progress so it's nowhere near finished, and I do like it here this is my rant ahem

I live in the west hall

The west hall, the west hall

Where TV preachers beg all night

The guns smoke every day

And the only good injun

Lies cold and dead

Bad people always lose

In the end.

I said it's just a start I'll finish later.

@Colleen I'm glad you're going to see a lawyer. I agree. We all have to be very pro-active about our health care. Nowadays they send records on a DVD or thumb drive, so we should all request our own copy and be able to take it in ourselves.

That would be a lot of paper if we printed them, but much easier to save and transport on a DVD. We can only hope they are saving them as PDF files and not as Microsoft documents, but people can even get a converter at most app stores. Hassle, but it's doable.

I'm not sure how the rest of the world is but the US has become a gluttonous society, if it's not bigger its not enough. Houses, food and beverage servings, cars, vacations, weddings, everything has to be over the top.

The cost is crippling, a lifetime of debt, obesity, physical and mental health issues, not able to retire, and then expecting the government to step in a save you.

A little planning and restraint is what most Americans need.

Thank you. I’m a very paranoid person. I’m often thinking the worst when I should be thankful for still being a member here. I enjoy trying to help people. I’m not always successful but I sincerely try. Maybe annoyingly so. 🤷‍♀️ lol
Pappy! You are one of the sweetest men on here.
Thank you again.

I like you. You are just like me and that makes me feel good.

@Colleen I'm glad you're going to see a lawyer. I agree. We all have to be very pro-active about our health care. Nowadays they send records on a DVD or thumb drive, so we should all request our own copy and be able to take it in ourselves.

That would be a lot of paper if we printed them, but much easier to save and transport on a DVD. We can only hope they are saving them as PDF files and not as Microsoft documents, but people can even get a converter at most app stores. Hassle, but it's doable.
Nicely informative. (y) I prefer information to frivolous chatter unless I am having an unusually bubbly day. However, I am working on being more social and positive and to stop taking myself too seriously.

I'm not sure how the rest of the world is but the US has become a gluttonous society, if it's not bigger its not enough. Houses, food and beverage servings, cars, vacations, weddings, everything has to be over the top.

The cost is crippling, a lifetime of debt, obesity, physical and mental health issues, not able to retire, and then expecting the government to step in a save you.

I just slammed folks in a political forum for being self-centered and feeling no responsibility for the effect the US has on the rest of the world. How do we value ourselves? What if we all were considerate of others and wanted to leave the world a better place? I think we could achieve awesome things if we cared and worked together.

I agree to a certain extent. I think what is missing most of all today is Good Faith. People and companies acting in Good Faith has gone out the window.
I know I have heard about Good Faith but I am not sure what that means? Faith in what? Faith that if we do the right thing things will go well? I sure can agree with that!

I keep a notepad next to my chair while I watch TV.
This is to jot down the new drugs available in those ads.
After watching a normal hour-long show, I start to get symptoms for all kinds of things.

Since I have most of the side effects they mention already, feel I'm safe to ask my Dr. to give me those Rx's.
My favorite side effect is ' Up to and including death...'

I keep watching just in case I have something I don't know about yet!

Yes, I want to vent! I have a lot of vents on my dashboard of my car. I recently had my tires replaced. I went from 50,000 mile tires to 80,000 mile tires. The vents not only let air into my car, they also lets the noisy sound of my new tires with more tread come into my car! There, I'm done venting about my vents.

Here's my vent for today....and it has nothing to do with my car :)

I was on FB and reading posts on one of my groups, which is a grocery chain store, and a gal posted a picture of some cookies she bought and was saying there are 130 calories in 1/2 cookie. Well, that set off the nasty comments. Another gal commented and said they didn't even sound good and the poster said, "Well, you sound like a lot of fun." So, that set the commenter off and said, "Why? Just because I don't agree with you? Get a grip and stop trolling me." And on it went.

Over a cookie?? What's wrong with people? I scrolled by to another group and they were ripping our current government and on and on. It was a cooking group. I don't belong to any political groups. I belong to quilting groups, gardening groups, cooking groups, and book club groups only. I got off FB. It's not even 9am and I've had enough of that for one day. I don't know where moderators are. Did they sleep in or are they all at church?

I know social media has opened the door for any one to comment and say anything without any recourse. It's so sad that we've gotten to the point of no return on what we say to each other. I think I'm going in my sewing room today and turning off my computer.

One definition of Good Faith:

When someone is acting in “good faith,” it means that he is acting with honest intent, and is expected to be honest and to keep his promises without taking advantage of someone else. It is also expected that he will not hold the other party to an impossible standard. Good faith is a necessary element in a variety of situations, ranging from contracts and settlement negotiations, to personal injury and tort cases.

Example: when most people get married, their intentions are good. They have the intent of being honest and entering into a relationship to care for one another indefinitely with a sincerity of motive.

Another example: When you buy a toaster, you buy it believing that the manufacturer has acted in Good Faith and made a toaster that will do its job, toast bread, and not fail in an unreasonable time, like in three weeks.

You also believe the toaster maker has followed the laws of our nation and met certain manufacturing standards - did not make a toaster with interior parts that can be easily fried by the heating elements, for example.

Here's my vent for today....and it has nothing to do with my car :)

I was on FB and reading posts on one of my groups, which is a grocery chain store, and a gal posted a picture of some cookies she bought and was saying there are 130 calories in 1/2 cookie. Well, that set off the nasty comments. Another gal commented and said they didn't even sound good and the poster said, "Well, you sound like a lot of fun." So, that set the commenter off and said, "Why? Just because I don't agree with you? Get a grip and stop trolling me." And on it went.

Over a cookie?? What's wrong with people? I scrolled by to another group and they were ripping our current government and on and on. It was a cooking group. I don't belong to any political groups. I belong to quilting groups, gardening groups, cooking groups, and book club groups only. I got off FB. It's not even 9am and I've had enough of that for one day. I don't know where moderators are. Did they sleep in or are they all at church?

I know social media has opened the door for any one to comment and say anything without any recourse. It's so sad that we've gotten to the point of no return on what we say to each other. I think I'm going in my sewing room today and turning off my computer.
There are moderators on FB? I have never heard of such a thing.

Yup. Arguing over a cookie. That sounds like the toxic hellscape that is Facebook.

I agree with you, that many Americans have become quite gluttonous and that the wealthiest Americans actually set that example for their followers to follow. Then CNBC and HGTV and all of the reality shows tell people to be greedy too. Greedy for experiences is the latest thing that is in vogue.

But when it comes to food, darn I wish there really were a safe, effective and affordable medication that turned off my hunger. I don't know why I get hungry so often. I'm sure its hormone related. All my bloodwork is fine and I don't have a tapeworm. I've even started drinking different teas now to quell the hunger and try to delay the need to eat. Yesterday I tried eating a lot more protein than usual. That did not help.

I wish they had told all of us young teens in health class in high school that our body chemistry is going to change at least 5 to 10 times before we die, and then teach us the best way to deal with every change.

I agree with you, that many Americans have become quite gluttonous and that the wealthiest Americans actually set that example for their followers to follow. Then CNBC and HGTV and all of the reality shows tell people to be greedy too. Greedy for experiences is the latest thing that is in vogue.

But when it comes to food, darn I wish there really were a safe, effective and affordable medication that turned off my hunger. I don't know why I get hungry so often. I'm sure its hormone related. All my bloodwork is fine and I don't have a tapeworm. I've even started drinking different teas now to quell the hunger and try to delay the need to eat. Yesterday I tried eating a lot more protein than usual. That did not help.

I wish they had told all of us young teens in health class in high school that our body chemistry is going to change at least 5 to 10 times before we die, and then teach us the best way to deal with every change.

I think many of us are dealing with unwanted weight gain and a decline in energy. Doing aerobic exercises has not helped me. At first, I lost a couple of pounds and then I plateaued.

I don't know if this is helpful but I googled for information. If a person likes science this is a very interesting explanation and goes with hope for a better treatment of diabetes. I think this science is probably behind the medication for diabetis and losing weight.

The two hormones most closely associated with energy homeostasis leading to sensations of hunger and satiety are ghrelin and leptin. Any shift in the delicate balance between ghrelin and leptin drastically affects our body's ability to regulate energy demands and storage, leading to pathophysiology. Physiology, Obesity Neurohormonal Appetite And Satiety Control - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf.

Hormones are very interesting to me and if I were young, I might focus on the science of how they work.

This has never happened to me so I am concerned. I got an inguinal hernia last week, and called the Doc yesterday. I was told to make an appointment ASAP. So I am with the blue team of Doctors at MU Health, and the earliest is tomorrow at 9:20 am. The doctors name sounded foreign and female so I looked it up because she will be examining my groin area. The lump is right next to my *****. It is a little disconcerting that I have to disrobe and show my privates to a complete female stranger. But once I Iooked up whether the name was female and got some pictures I became a little happier. :)

Shamita View attachment 341159
You're lucky. I got a groin hernia, which ultimately developed into a scrotal hernia with a very enlarged ballbag. Then I had only male surgeons and developed a wound infection after surgery and my first deep vein thrombosis.

You're lucky. I got a groin hernia, which ultimately developed into a scrotal hernia with a very enlarged ballbag. Then I had only male surgeons and developed a wound infection after surgery and my first deep vein thrombosis.
Jeez...so sorry about the trouble. Mine is staying kind of small still. I did have it checked by a woman doc. I didn't even think about it. Just showed her, and she says "yep, you got a hernia." I set up a consultation appointment with surgery in a couple weeks. I guess I will need surgery to fix it. Oh well. As things keep breaking I am having to return to the repair shop more than ever. Just like our old car. Now IT needs it's air conditioner fixed. We hope it something minor.

There are moderators on FB? I have never heard of such a thing.

Yup. Arguing over a cookie. That sounds like the toxic hellscape that is Facebook.
I think the argument was not so much about cookies but about feelings and manners. Someone made a careless and rather innocent statement and the other took offense. You mention this under the subject of "good faith". The reaction lacked a sense of good faith that no one meant any harm.

Your words remind me of my grandmother's three rules.

1. We respect everyone. It makes no difference if the other is a bum or the mayor. It is about our self-control and character. Either we are respectful or we are not.

2. We protect the dignity of others and act with dignity. This was so important in the past, that Social Security was based on age not need. No one wanted to accept charity, and the great depression way of helping people in need was to create jobs.

3. We do everything with integrity because that is the right thing to do. Following this rule gives us self-confidence and makes the world a better place, preventing the problem of feeling like everyone is out to take advantage of others.
😄Old age sucks and if you know of a cure, please let me know right away.

I sat with a friend who had to have his dog put down and I reassured him, if I have a serious medical problem, I hope to be put down. Hemmingway had many challenges in his life and the last one was losing the ability to write. "Hemingway shot himself in the head a day and a half after returning home from the hospital."

Now it is time to take my old lady's nap and I hope when I get up and have a cup of coffee, I will have enough energy to do my laundry and put clean sheets on my bed. 😀

I think many of us are dealing with unwanted weight gain and a decline in energy. Doing aerobic exercises has not helped me. At first, I lost a couple of pounds and then I plateaued.

I don't know if this is helpful but I googled for information. If a person likes science this is a very interesting explanation and goes with hope for a better treatment of diabetes. I think this science is probably behind the medication for diabetis and losing weight.

Hormones are very interesting to me and if I were young, I might focus on the science of how they work.
Lots of information there but no solutions. I am always looking for the easy way.

Jeez...so sorry about the trouble. Mine is staying kind of small still. I did have it checked by a woman doc. I didn't even think about it. Just showed her, and she says "yep, you got a hernia." I set up a consultation appointment with surgery in a couple weeks. I guess I will need surgery to fix it. Oh well. As things keep breaking I am having to return to the repair shop more than ever. Just like our old car. Now IT needs it's air conditioner fixed. We hope it something minor.
You'll need surgery, that's right. I've waited too long and got the scrotal hernia for this reason. Much more work for the surgeons. Good luck!

I really hate that I am not allowed to complain about hundreds years' old church structure without being accused of "gaslighting" others. That is really cold and cruel.

Seriously disappointing to see that a spirit of INQUIRY is disrespected even here. Now I feel like women are not allowed to ask questions here.

If women still had to wear dresses every day in public as we were commanded to do by our male overlords for centuries, I'd be whining about that too.

I really hate that I am not allowed to complain about hundreds years' old church structure without being accused of "gaslighting" others. That is really cold and cruel.

Seriously disappointing to see that a spirit of INQUIRY is disrespected even here. Now I feel like women are not allowed to ask questions here.

If women still had to wear dresses every day in public as we were commanded to do by our male overlords for centuries, I'd be whining about that too.
Your feelings are valid, and it's important to be able to discuss and raise questions about issues that matter to you without fear of being dismissed or accused. Open dialogue and respectful discussions are key to progress and understanding. It's crucial to create an environment where everyone, regardless of their gender or background, feels heard and respected.

Back