Fed up? Feel free to vent here, and get it off your chest!

I hate Britain's Got Talent, which has begun again, but feel I must watch with my husband as he likes it.
To me it is a competition by the stupid, often mad, for the empty headed airheads. The noise, screaming, false crying and dumb excitement over rubbish jarrs my nerves. It represents everything I hate about this day and age of fools strutting on stage, thinking they have talent. I especially worry about small children whose infant egos are dangerously inflated by eager parents who do not surely realise what sacrifice and damage fame could mean.

The two female judges are appalling, the one man keeps leaping up and down off his seat. The acts cannot be viewed without the camera panning over to the idiot judges faces and open mouths and stupid audience faces.

Is that enough of a rant!

I hate Britain's Got Talent, which has begun again, but feel I must watch with my husband as he likes it.
When my husband watches something I don't care for, I go into another room and read a book. When I watch something that doesn't speak to him, he watches things on his laptop.

Why do you feel you must watch with your husband? Watching TV is, after all, essentially a solo activity.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh some of you are talking about destroying the social order of our Christian nation by moving away from the patriarchal order ordained in the Bible. Might that anger God and bring His punishment upon us? Our dresses should be modest and our hair should be long. We should submit to our husbands and have as many children as we can so the inferior people do not outnumber us. 😉

Just to continue with my rant...can anyone tell me why your medical records are not requested by a doctor any more when you relocate or whatever the reason you have for seeing a new doctor?? My husband's medical records (nor mine) were never requested from PA when we moved to AZ and, likewise, they were never requested here in PA in 2022 when we moved from AZ.

When he had a fall from a ladder in 2012 and shattered his ankle, he was rushed to Hamot Medical Center in Erie, PA and had emergency surgery on that ankle so he wouldn't lose his foot. He developed a serious infection in that ankle. He took so many strong antibiotics that it ruined his gut and he couldn't eat for weeks. All those antibiotics never got rid of that infection completely and the Ortho doc was at a loss as to what to give him. He had 3 more surgeries within a 10 week period to remove hardware, flush out infection (which didn't work), and insert calcium packs in his ankle.

What I'm saying is...that infection stayed in his system all those years and affected his heart. I had asked what that infection was but they would never tell me. It definitely was something serious because when they came to collect a sample they were gowned and masked. I believe it was more then just a staph infection. When he was in the ER the day he died, they found infection in his lung.

All these records should have followed him no matter where we lived but they don't request records. How do they know how to treat someone if they don't know what they've had or been through? They're starting blind until something shows up from a test they've ordered. In my husband's case, it was too late.

So, I've lost all confidence in doctor's. I'll see what an attorney has to say.
Doctors killed my husband too. Their desire to cut and not allow him to recover was appalling.

He had surgery for a valve replacement, and had two unnecessary surgeries afterward. He was dead in 24 hours. No I didn't sue though I could tell they were getting ready for it.

They know what they did, and so do I, but I am not made to endure a long legal battle. I am sorry for your loss.

I'm not good with stats but here goes " I think 1/3 of the world is living in want and poverty and the rest of us don't really care : another 1/3 are stinkin rich and don't care either and the last third are wondering whether they are gonna become rich soon or sink into the pit of poverty like the others. Either which way I'd say we are all doomed and should have listened to the good Lord?

Lots of information there but no solutions. I am always looking for the easy way.
Well it just isn't fair that someone works as hard as I do in the gym and does not lose weight. In the beginning I lost a few pounds but then I plateaued and I don't know if I will ever lose more weight without help.

May the fleas of a thousand Camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch.
In case anyone is being an a-hole to you.
Oh, oh thank you. I know just the person to put that curse on. He works in the Social Security office and man, does he have an unpleasant attitude! The security guard wasn't very pleasant either. I just wanted information about the $2000 limit for people on SSI and the security guard isn't allowed to answer questions, while the man behind the window did not have a form that provides the answer. He I thought I was wrong for not just accepting that and walking away.

Sorry folks I am thinking of Nazi Germany and how things have changed in the US. Too much control by policy is not a good thing. It can lead to people having very bad attitudes and giving up all personal power as they obey the authority above them without question.

I'm not good with stats but here goes " I think 1/3 of the world is living in want and poverty and the rest of us don't really care : another 1/3 are stinkin rich and don't care either and the last third are wondering whether they are gonna become rich soon or sink into the pit of poverty like the others. Either which way I'd say we are all doomed and should have listened to the good Lord?
I think there was a time when what you said didn't matter as it does today because the masses never expected to get rich and there was not a large middle class. Churches helped people accept that reality. On the good side are my grandmother's 3 rules.

We respect everyone because we are respectful people.
We protect the dignity of others.
We do everything with integrity.

Those who followed those rules and knew virtues are equal to strength had a good character and that was the most important, not the evil of money.

I'm really fed up, because I've just learned that another 350 house are to be built on the Field at the end of my road.. ( about 200 yards away)... all these new houses and flats ( 130 flats apparently ) added to the 400 houses they built last year at the opposite side... .. with a potential for 4 people each property.. in this new estate yet no new schools, doctors, shops.. or even widened roads to take this amount of people

Last edited:
I think there was a time when what you said didn't matter as it does today because the masses never expected to get rich and there was not a large middle class. Churches helped people accept that reality. On the good side are my grandmother's 3 rules.

We respect everyone because we are respectful people.
We protect the dignity of others.
We do everything with integrity.

Those who followed those rules and knew virtues are equal to strength had a good character and that was the most important, not the evil of money.
It's a great reminder that money, while necessary for survival and comfort, is not the only or even the most important thing in life. :)

I'm really fed up, because I've just learned that another 350 house are to be built on the Field at the end of my road.. ( about 200 yards away)... all these new houses and flats ( 130 flat apparently ) added to the 400 houses they built last year at the opposite side... .. with a potential for 4 people each property.. in this new estate yet no new schools, doctors, shops.. or even widened roads to take this amount of people
Yup, that is capitalism. Democracy gives us the ability to do better, but I don't think that is understood. Any chance of you going to a city hall meeting and raising awareness of the problems that are coming? Do you have a neighborhood association you can to?

For Pete's sake people, take some responsibility for knowing what's going on. We're an over 55 community with a fair number of activities and events to participate in. We have a handful of communications methods (web site, Facebook, etc.), including some non-technical ones (paper calendars, a bulletin board) with everything for the month listed. Instead of always complaining that you didn't know about something, take an ounce of responsibility to plug into at least one of the communication channels! Harumph!
You are right. I will take advantage of what we have as soon as I have a good day and the energy to make something better.

In the meantime is it okay if I fantasize about living in one of the fine retirement apartments that provide everything a person needs and all I have to do is join others in an exercise program or a planned activity or in the dining room? I think that would be so wonderful.

Yup, that is capitalism. Democracy gives us the ability to do better, but I don't think that is understood. Any chance of you going to a city hall meeting and raising awareness of the problems that are coming? Do you have a neighborhood association you can to?
there's no chance. despite the objections of the local people last year, they're going ahead anyway.

I'm really fed up, because I've just learned that another 350 house are to be built on the Field at the end of my road.. ( about 200 yards away)... all these new houses and flats ( 130 flats apparently ) added to the 400 houses they built last year at the opposite side... .. with a potential for 4 people each property.. in this new estate yet no new schools, doctors, shops.. or even widened roads to take this amount of people
I hear you! Sometimes they're so eager to start building, they don't take those things in to consideration.
Or, they do, and just don't care. They'll figure it all out later?? And, the water resources.

We see it happening around here a lot, too.

I hear you! Sometimes they're so eager to start building, they don't take those things in to consideration.
Or, they do, and just don't care. They'll figure it all out later?? And, the water resources.

We see it happening around here a lot, too.
As it is we can't get to see a doctor for a month because they're so over prescribed... so with another 1000 people it'll be a nightmare, and goodness knows how the local school will cope they're already at capacity..

After
After I gave this more thought, the planners prob do what they can with the funding they have at the time. And, as more funding comes through they can start on the roads, schools, power grids and everything else as needed.

They've built so many new schools all over town, I'm just now hearing about them. Since I don't have kids I'm out of the loop on those things.

After

After I gave this more thought, the planners prob do what they can with the funding they have at the time. And, as more funding comes through they can start on the roads, schools, power grids and everything else as needed.

They've built so many new schools all over town, I'm just now hearing about them. Since I don't have kids I'm out of the loop on those things.
here they are not concerned about providing new infrastructure. They're told by the government that a certain amount of houses are required and the developers are paid for that. ..and that's the end of it.

Back