First Time Maple Syrup Tapping !!!!

Wow that's work. Maple syrup is one of the best things ever!
My husband is doing most of the work but he really enjoys it. I’m happy that it entertains him. A friend of his who now lives in Quebec whom he used to work with gave him the idea. It’s nice foraging for stuff. Gives us a feeling of contentment.

Maple sap tapping season is now over. We have collected as much sap as we could get. Our buckets are getting put in the attic until next year. We started late this year. Next year we’ll probably get 2 or 3 times the amount.
Why will you get more next year? Does tapping them this year promote more production next year?

Why will you get more next year? Does tapping them this year promote more production next year?
No. This was our first season and we started late. Next year we will start earlier and have the buckets and equipment already hooked up. The tapping holes fill in within the year.
We hope to get 3 to 5 gallons. We BOTH like pancakes with maple syrup and a bit of maple syrup along with some maple leaf shaped candies make lovely gifts for Christmas. I have a large in-law family whom I love gifting.

No. This was our first season and we started late. Next year we will start earlier and have the buckets and equipment already hooked up. The tapping holes fill in within the year.
We hope to get 3 to 5 gallons. We BOTH like pancakes with maple syrup and a bit of maple syrup along with some maple leaf shaped candies make lovely gifts for Christmas. I have a large in-law family whom I love gifting.
I see, you just started late. I’ve seen the maple candy online. Can you put some in with my order?

Back