Guys Only Question: What are you looking for in a Woman?

I found her, been dating for almost 2 years. Sharing the same interests, faith and morals.
Both married twice before, content in our relationship and not considering marriage. After all, why get married as older mature adults? Perhaps circumstances may change our decision but not for now.

"I've been searching for the daughter of the devil himself
I've been searching for an angel in white.
I've been waiting for a woman who's a little of both,
and I can feel her but she's nowhere in sight."

One of these nights. The Eagles.

Does anyone in a relationship ever think what it would be like to date again? I think I think too highly of myself to imagine such a dilemma.

I live in the US about 3-5 months a year. What I am looking for in a woman is "not American". I steer clear of all American women. Bash me all you want. As far as American women goes! I am nice and keep quiet . And avoid them at all costs. I am in a relationship with a woman from Mexico, and she is worth more than I am. And is a great partner. Guy's if you want a great partner get out of the US and you will be amazed at the great people out there.
I am 71 and have not had a partner in the US for over 20 years now. No regrets what so ever. Best thing I have ever done.

Last edited:
We live in such divisive and divided times that I value shared culture over anything else. Looking back I realize I always have. To me that means compatible morality, spirituality, politics, world views, education, interests, and probably more that I can't verbalize right now.

That doesn't mean 100% alignment on everything, but compatibility as in a lack of conflict but not ruling out conversation. A clone partner would result in boredom. I'd want somebody I can talk to.

Skills and preferences should also be complementary. Why suffer "too many cooks" syndrome while other things could stand attention from one of the partners?

Some of that comes more naturally when both people grew up in the same place, but it can also be found when casting a wider net. It just requires more winnowing or applying additional selection criteria in such cases.

This feels more important than most things I might look for.

Not looking. But, men are visual, and that would be true of myself.

I'd be looking for a woman. Someone feminine. This has nothing whatsoever to do with being dominant, or anything such thing. I simply would want a woman who understand she's not a man. :D

As such, a woman who dresses as a woman. I mean, I understand why a woman might relax at home in her sweats, but let's have some dresses/skirts too. I don't need a woman to cook, clean, etc. But I do adore women who know what a woman is (and at this age, I'm not willing to debate it).

On top of that, let's not argue. Let's keep things smooth, even when we disagree. The whole "agree to disagree" thing. I don't need drama in the house about things neither of us can affect. For example, war is bad, we don't need to argue justification for one side or the other. Love means accepting.

Which leads me to love. I'm not interested in being a "friend with benefits". Some kind of commitment is required.

At this time of life, we must accept that each has a history, so respect of that would be paramount too.

If I were looking: She must have brains and a good sense of humor. And she must love animals and be a nonsmoker. Good looks are important too but not in the first place.

A chronic illness or a disability would be no problem. As a young man I've worked in a group of disabled and non disabled young people. There were many beautiful and lovable members of both sexes. Regarding the fact that everyone of us could become disabled at every moment because of disease or an accident I'd never exclude someone who is disabled.

It is heartbreaking to read that some men leave their wife or girlfriend after a mastectomy or if she needs to use a wheelchair permanently. "In good times as in bad times, in health and illness" speakes the marriage registrar.

Last edited:
Not looking. But, men are visual, and that would be true of myself.

I'd be looking for a woman. Someone feminine. This has nothing whatsoever to do with being dominant, or anything such thing. I simply would want a woman who understand she's not a man. :D

As such, a woman who dresses as a woman. I mean, I understand why a woman might relax at home in her sweats, but let's have some dresses/skirts too. I don't need a woman to cook, clean, etc. But I do adore women who know what a woman is (and at this age, I'm not willing to debate it).

On top of that, let's not argue. Let's keep things smooth, even when we disagree. The whole "agree to disagree" thing. I don't need drama in the house about things neither of us can affect. For example, war is bad, we don't need to argue justification for one side or the other. Love means accepting.

Which leads me to love. I'm not interested in being a "friend with benefits". Some kind of commitment is required.

At this time of life, we must accept that each has a history, so respect of that would be paramount too.
Amen.

I live in the US about 3-5 months a year. What I am looking for in a woman is "not American". I steer clear of all American women. Bash me all you want. As far as American women goes! I am nice and keep quiet . And avoid them at all costs. I am in a relationship with a woman from Mexico, and she is worth more than I am. And is a great partner. Guy's if you want a great partner get out of the US and you will be amazed at the great people out there.
I am 71 and have not had a partner in the US for over 20 years now. No regrets what so ever. Best thing I have ever done.
In Germany many older men are only looking for Asian women. To each his own. I'd never criticize you.

Back