Hello, joining from France

i-q4vvkBV-XL.jpg

Welcome @Shaliby and @cgdtaylor from the state of Georgia in the USA. One of my "bucket list" entries is to be able to speak French fluently... such a beautiful language!

View attachment 338208
I hope the weather in Georgia is Spring-like; it is here but it won't last. Yes, to speak any other language is a great ambition. I am trying Duolingo which is good but I suspect you still need to have at least the basics to make progress initially.

As it seems some of you would prefer "bilingual" posts :
Un grand merci pour votre accueil chaleureux de tant d'endroits !
Thankful for your warm welcoming from so many places !
(Sorry from not coming back sooner, some account issue, might have been hacking, and took me sometime to check and secure my passwords.)
Wish you all a nice WE, and see you soon !
Bon week-end et Ă  bientĂ´t !

I love France and have been there several times. Growing up in Germany, I hitch-hiked as a teen to Paris where I slept I slept in a Youth Hostel located in a pissoire (no yoke!) Well, here are some pictures that show what I love about France when in 2012 we spent 3 weeks in France.

With a cable car from Chamonix to Aiguille du Midi at 3,842 metres (12,605 ft) from where we saw the summit of Mt. Blanc,
Cannes at the Mediterranean
Mont-Saint-Michel Island where we stayed overnight at a hotel
The spot in Rouen where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake
Notre Dame, Paris

DSCN2807.JPGDSCN3005.JPGDSCN3636.JPGDSCN3873.JPGParis Notre Dame.jpg

I love France and have been there several times. Growing up in Germany, I hitch-hiked as a teen to Paris where I slept I slept in a Youth Hostel located in a pissoire (no yoke!) Well, here are some pictures that show what I love about France when in 2012 we spent 3 weeks in France.

With a cable car from Chamonix to Aiguille du Midi at 3,842 metres (12,605 ft) from where we saw the summit of Mt. Blanc,
Cannes at the Mediterranean
Mont-Saint-Michel Island where we stayed overnight at a hotel
The spot in Rouen where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake
Notre Dame, Paris

View attachment 339116View attachment 339120View attachment 339121View attachment 339127View attachment 339128
Fantastic pictures !

Back