How is your day Today, plans and achievements 2024....

The PT guy came today but instead of helping me regain strength he had to manipulate my neck and shoulder. It has been been very painful for several days. Tonight I got a few hours sleep and woke up to less pain. To celebrate I had a small bottle of apple juice in hopes of replacing some nutrients I missed by not eating my veggies today. Pain kills all the fun. Its back to bed with real hope for tomorrow.
So glad to hear the therapist gave you some relief @Alizerine ! Hoping for big success. :)

Well, I was given a new tire because the one that went flat still had most of its tread. That is good for me, but I don't like taking a new tire from the small tire store and leaving them to cover the cost.

The only way I can think of the tire having two punctures in the side wall is another act of vandalizing. Several months ago two of my tires and rims were stolen. Then white stuff was poured into a key hole on the driver's side and it ran down the side of my door. It was not completely dry when I found it and I was able to get most of it off. Next, my driver's side mirror was shattered. It's been about a month and my right side tire had two punctures.

Perhaps I should stop parking on the curb and park in the parking lot. But then every time I come and go a dog barks at me and the dog's owner has a bad reaction to that. Or worse, she catches me walking by and talks and talks and talks and keeps talking as I slowly walk away. 🙄

:unsure:Maybe I will leave my car on the curb. Dealing with the vandalism isn't so bad. :cautious:

Well, I was given a new tire because the one that went flat still had most of its tread. That is good for me, but I don't like taking a new tire from the small tire store and leaving them to cover the cost.

The only way I can think of the tire having two punctures in the side wall is another act of vandalizing. Several months ago two of my tires and rims were stolen. Then white stuff was poured into a key hole on the driver's side and it ran down the side of my door. It was not completely dry when I found it and I was able to get most of it off. Next, my driver's side mirror was shattered. It's been about a month and my right side tire had two punctures.

Perhaps I should stop parking on the curb and park in the parking lot. But then every time I come and go a dog barks at me and the dog's owner has a bad reaction to that. Or worse, she catches me walking by and talks and talks and talks and keeps talking as I slowly walk away. 🙄

:unsure:Maybe I will leave my car on the curb. Dealing with the vandalism isn't so bad. :cautious:
Get some cameras for your car. You shouldn’t have to put up with vandalism

My plan this morning was to continue doing some packing because it was raining outside
My friend, Marcia called around 9:30 asked if I wanted to go and look for a sofa for my new apt. We went to a furniture store in Hamburg, NY{ located south of Buffalo} She & hubby Dave had bought their leather recliner there. I was impressed by the different ones in the show room,wanted a sofa which was firm enough for me to get up easily. The sales guy, Randy was very nice& extremely helpful. I bought a sofa on sale,will be delivered in 8 weeks.
The idea of going to buy new items was something I never thought I would be doing,at times a bit daunting.One more thing I can ck off on my 'to do list' Marcia made great suggestions I listened to what she said

Done with the hard part! At its widest point it's about six feet, then tapers to zero. The whole thing is about 25 feet long. Got the edging pavers set, too. Yay me. My fingers are sore.

The sun came out, but it's still not too awfully hot, only 76 so far.

I'm all showered and smelling good. Time for laundry. And maybe a nap?
Wow! Good job!

@moviequeen1, I’m thrilled for you. I’m sure you‘re getting really excited. Hope you can get your computer setup quickly so you can tell us about your new home. Will you be close to the store where you usually go to buy the newspaper?

I added the Dollar Tree purchases to my budget spreadsheet. We had a little over two hours of studio time which was long overdue. We worked on two of my Latin songs. It was semi productive; we couldn't finish either because I'm going to have to add notes to a couple of parts when I figure out how I want the melody to progress. I loaded and ran the dishwasher, otherwise it was another lazy day.

Today I wanted a day without a lot of walking, so I ante'd up for a ride in a bicycle rickshaw around the south half of Central Park.
Pics I took in the park (second one is a guy -not sure if he'd be called a street performer - making giant soap bubbles to entertain children). Kind of hard to see the bubble, look for a green line along one edge of it.
PXL_20240427_193124758.jpg
PXL_20240427_191609901.MP.jpg

iu

just put earplugs in so you don't hear the dog, and if the woman talks to you, tell her you're late for an appointment and just rush by .. and park your car in the car park, and see if the same vandalism happens.. if not you'll have a good idea whose doing it...

Back